Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,117

1 members and 3,116 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,112
Threads: 248,551
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NxtGenExotics
    Thanks

Ia my BP's weight right for his age?

Sheldon just turned 9 months old yesterday and weighed in at 560 grams. I just wanted to know if that weight is low/average/high for his/her age, and is it any possible indicator to tell the sex of the snake?

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts
    some bp's grow slow. As long as you are offering food every week and base it on how much they weigh, they should be fine. you should be offering a 56 gram rat. For the sexing you have to pop or probe them. It's not so simple with bps. I took mine to a reptile shop and they popped her for me.
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks
    That's a pretty impressive weight for nine months.

Thanks

Re: Ia my BP's weight right for his age?

The best way to determine if a snake is healthy is by a picture. Some grow fast (I have a 7 month old who's nearly 800g) and some grow really slow (I also have a 13month old who's only 550g - she was a rescue). As long as their body condition is good and you're feeding an appropriate meal, your snake should be fine.