Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,378

1 members and 3,377 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

woke up to a nice surprise

well i woke up this morning and found El Diablo soaking. never once have i had a snake soak. it was pretty cool to see. i also put rocky in her new encloser last night and she seemed to like it enough to leave me a nice pile of poop.

i think he may need a bigger water bowl

stay put for more pictures tonight. i will probably be posting some bite marks on my arm from El Diablo.
    0.1 dumerils boa 2012 "Rocky" 0.1 Arabesque bci "freckles"
    1.0 guyana bcc 2009 "Diablo" 1.0 Kahl Albino bci "Spyro
    0.0.1 Crested Gecko

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Nice! Diablo has some really nice coloring.

One thing that worries me a tad bit is that boas don't generally soak. Are you 100% sure he doesn't have mites? I don't mean to get your knickers in a twist over mites, I'm just concerned about it because I know you picked him up at an expo and many snakes coming out of an expo can come home with mites. Check the water bowl to see if there are any teeny-weeny black dots in it - tell-tail sign of mites - and look him over very carefully, especially around the eyes and under the chin. Hopefully, after a careful exam of the snake and the water, he'll come out mite free.

If he continues to soak, I would place him in a clean empty tub and give him a spray down with this: http://www.reptilebasics.com/mite-killers
    This will kill anything that might be on him and you'll see them come off of him and be left behind in the tub. If there aren't any mites on him, it won't hurt him one bit and then at least you'll know for sure he's ok.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

Raven01 (02-17-2013)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    yes he does. i am more surprised with it every day.

Well i did take him out of the water bowl to clean the bowl and see how he is. I need a bigger hook to get him out of the cage. this little pocket hook isnt doing squat.

He is cage defensive and does not like to come out. struck once trying to get him out but wrapped himself in the back corner around the tree and after 3 minutes of playing with him to get him out i would of bet i would of been bit uppon handling. he is super calm once in my hands. just dont pull out the camera. he struck at it when i was trying to grab some pics. and the flash wasnt even on.

i checked under his head and on him. he has alot of freckles so its hard to tell about the mites. water just has some eco earch debris in there but other than that it was clean. he is very curious and there is a few spots like this on his body that get me questioning what it is.

he looked clean other wise. here is under his head

so i handled him for about 10 mintues and figured i would put him back so i didnt stress him out. but before i did here is one last picture i got of him "before he struck at the camera"

i think after a month of being in proper husbandry he will look 100% better. he does look a little dehidrated to me in the face around the nose in that picture but it still is very cool. he will keep me on my toes and hopefully calm way down.

him and rocky are night and day.
    0.1 dumerils boa 2012 "Rocky" 0.1 Arabesque bci "freckles"
    1.0 guyana bcc 2009 "Diablo" 1.0 Kahl Albino bci "Spyro
    0.0.1 Crested Gecko