Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,331

2 members and 3,329 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

A Fairytale ending for Grimm

I have just rescued my first Fat Tailed Geko. I have never owned a lizard before, just BP's and this is a whole new thing for me. He is in a 40qt with a hide and two water dished until tomorrow when I can get more supplies but he is warm and safe in a rack system averaging 90F on the flexwatt side. This guy came into my work and asked if we took "animal donations"... I asked what he meant and he proceeded to hand this little guy over to me and explain that he had purchased "Mr. Lizard" for his three year old son who turns out was way too rough with him. His tail was dropped a while ago and the guy wasn't willing to give up the tank or other supplies, just the AFT and if I didn't take him he was going to try and put him on Craigslist which I didn't think was a good idea. So I said I would take him. I have named him Grimm because my boyfriend had told me I couldn't get any more snakes and DEFINITELY not a lizard (I had been wanting a Leo for a while). I didn't ask him this time, I simply took him home and said I had a rescue.

So, without further adue, here is Grimm! I know it isn't a great pic but it's the only one I have until he is acclimated.
    0.1 Normal- Perritas
    0.1 Cinny- Sura
    1.0 Normal- Draco
    1.0 AFT- Grimm
    1.0 Service Dog- Kelevra
    1.0.1 Blood Python- Sixx

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: A Fairytale ending for Grimm

Congrats!

I've always loved the look of those and how soft their skin feels.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Oh he's beautiful! I've never seen a fat-tail look so alert, haha. Love the name too.
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks
    Thank you! He really is a sweetie, I moved him to a forty gallon with four water dishes and two heat mats to keep the temps at 90F and 80F for him. This morning he was happily snoozing in his cool hide
    0.1 Normal- Perritas
    0.1 Cinny- Sura
    1.0 Normal- Draco
    1.0 AFT- Grimm
    1.0 Service Dog- Kelevra
    1.0.1 Blood Python- Sixx