so my drawing 2 teacher is awesome. for our "homework" every weekend, he posts random artists work and we're suppose to write at least four sentences stating how we feel about it. i'm in love with the artist he posted today. i'm sitting at work bored and it's rainy outside. i figured some of you might be bored as well so here's my cure for you.

the artists name is david choong lee. he's from korea and was born in 1966 (which surprised me since his work definitely looks like something from the "younger crowd"). i think his work is very interesting and fun to look at. i would find most of his paintings interesting if they were standing alone, but i love the way he brings them all together in these huge three dimensional installations. it holds my attention much longer and keeps me coming back to look at it over and over again. the stark contrast of the bright, vibrant colors set on the black background seem to make it "pop" even more, which i feel works well with the real-world three dimensionality of his work. i feel his art is something you could still appreciate from a distance because of the well balanced layout of the sculpture and high contrast in color, making it seem like a colorful, abstract, geometric-like "glitch" in reality, yet as you walk closer and your brain can process more of the information and detail, its as if you're getting sucked in to this alternate reality lee has created.