Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,095

3 members and 3,092 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,571
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici

Thread: KIJIJI Score!

Thanks

KIJIJI Score!

Picked up these Beauties on Friday for close to nothing!

http://s1301.beta.photobucket.com/us...w%20Pick%20Ups

The guy i got these off of is traveling around the world for work and had to get rid of these. I met with the person at a local breeder to get probed prior to buying and all looked well!

Quick Question now!

Seeing as the 8 bin rack is new to these animals how long show I wait before I pair my original snakes and how long should I wait to pair the new ones?

Thanks
    Oh sweet score! Are you quarantining? After quarantine if they are eating well and healthy, they should be fine. They look plump and happy, they could even breed this year.
    Chloe
    0.1 Het Hypo- Indy
    The cup is useful because of it's emptiness

Thanks

Re: KIJIJI Score!

Quote Originally Posted by Capray View Post
    Oh sweet score! Are you quarantining? After quarantine if they are eating well and healthy, they should be fine. They look plump and happy, they could even breed this year.
    I can't really quarantine them because my Mom doesn't like snakes one bit so I need to keep them all on the same rack however I will be spraying them with NIX. Im planning to breed them after my 3 normals drop their eggs so I don't end up with more hatchlings than I can handle. Planning to breed the Mojave girl to my Male Mojave. The Bee ill start pairing to my Het Red Axanthic once she reaches about 1400 gr.
    Last edited by ChrisP; 01-29-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks
    Definitely wait until you've throughly sterilized that rack before any of your animals go near it. When you say "pair" I'm reading this as breeding your original animals to each other, and the new snakes to each other inside this new rack? If that interpretation is correct then my answer is going to be about 3 months, because the new animals need to be quarantined in a separate area before coming into contact with your animals. Separate tubs in the same rack is not effective quarintine and would put all of your animals at risk. After quarintine I would wait until they're settled and eating in their new home before pairing, for some this might be days, for others weeks. Some snakes just stress more readily than others. Congrats on the new additions though!
    -Devon

0.1 Axanthic Bee (Pixel)
    0.2 Axanthic Pastel (Cornelia, Short Round)
    0.1 Axanthic (Bubbles)
    0.1 Bee het Axanthic (Nipper)
    0.1 Lesser (Lydia)
    0.1 het Lavender (Poppy)
    0.1 het Hypo (Cookie)
    1.0 Killerbee het Axanthic (Yellow Dude)
    1.0 Pied (Starry Starry Dude)
    1.0 Butter Hypo (Spooky Dude)
    1.0 PH Lavender (Little Dude)

Thanks
    -Devon

0.1 Axanthic Bee (Pixel)
    0.1 Axanthic (Bubbles)
    0.1 Lesser (Lydia)
    0.1 het Lavender (Poppy)
    0.1 het Hypo (Cookie)

Thanks

Re: KIJIJI Score!

Quote Originally Posted by Badgemash View Post
    Definitely wait until you've throughly sterilized that rack before any of your animals go near it. When you say "pair" I'm reading this as breeding your original animals to each other, and the new snakes to each other inside this new rack? If that interpretation is correct then my answer is going to be about 3 months, because the new animals need to be quarantined in a separate area before coming into contact with your animals. Separate tubs in the same rack is not effective quarintine and would put all of your animals at risk. After quarintine I would wait until they're settled and eating in their new home before pairing, for some this might be days, for others weeks. Some snakes just stress more readily than others. Congrats on the new additions though!

I bleached all the tubs and let them dry over night before putting the animals in. I have 6 original animals on this rack. What i meant was to pair my 3 normal breeders to my 3 males. Having said that we are almost at day 30 since they last shed after pairing. I cant scatter these animals around my house. I run a recording studio and all rooms have vibration from the drums other than this blocked off room, and my mom doesnt want them however if I keep them in here im OK.

Thanks
    I think I'm tracking now, if it was me I would wait until they all seem settled in their new homes (for example feeding, if they were feeding before the move) before pairing. A lot of it will depend on their personalities though, one of my guys doesn't seem to care where he is, and another won't eat for two months if you change her house.
    -Devon

0.1 Axanthic Bee (Pixel)
    0.1 Axanthic (Bubbles)
    0.1 Lesser (Lydia)
    0.1 het Lavender (Poppy)
    0.1 het Hypo (Cookie)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts
    If you're talking about breeding original animals to new animals, the minimum QT I would trust is 3 months before introducing them. Of course, you aren't really quarantining them anyway, and I find "mom wouldn't like it" to be a pretty poor excuse for putting your animals at risk over a "score".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BPnet Senior Member SquamishSerpents's Avatar
    Thanks

KIJIJI Score!

NIX doesn't stop Crypto, IBD, parasites, etc. you need to quarantine them in a separate area if you don't want your original animals to be exposed to potential illnesses.