Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,396

4 members and 3,392 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Escape artist!

Thanks

Escape artist!

Hey everyone! Atticus is doing great and eating me out of the house. He's definitely feeling more comfortable in his home which makes me feel good. He's been laying with his head sticking out of the hide a lot lately, and cruising around his tank a lot at night. He's actually been REALLY busy lately. Can that correspond with him being extra hungry? I'm picking up an order of rats tomorrow and he's overdue for his next meal.

He's been SO busy in fact, that...he's escaped once, and attempted to escape 2 more times. I found him one morning outside my bedroom door. He attempted to climb a small fake xmas tree which fell over and he was found laying next to it. I didn't have my contacts in as it was early in the morning, and I almost had a heart attack when I saw him there lol. His escape route is now fixed.

Now, last night he unlocked his enclosure twice. I have NO idea how he did this...it's an actual lock and key that turns to lock. I woke up to the dogs growling at the snake cage, went over to investigate and then the cage door came flying open with Atticus smirking at me as I freaked out. This happened twice so I know it wasn't a fluke thing, I KNOW I locked the cage both times. It's a swing down type door (think wooden viv for bearded dragon). I think he's too smart for his own good?

Anyway, I can get pics of the enclosure and lock if needed, but do BPs seriously do this kind of stuff normally? I can't believe he figured it out that easily! And thank god the cat and dogs haven't hurt him. It really worries me for all of their safety! I have a heavy box holding the door shut along with it being locked. I have an order of critter condos coming in any time now, so this cage is temporary but might be used for a while...
    -- Lauren --
    -Atticus > Bumblebee BP
    (5 Bearded dragons)
    -Greta > Citrus Hypo Trans
    -Dahlia > Hypo Trans
    -Icelynn > Hypo Trans Leatherback
    -Apollo > Citrus Hypo Silkback
    -Quasimodo > Hypo Trans Leatherback

-Chloe & Austin > Papillons
    -Raven > Belgian Malinois

-Enzo > polydactyl black cat

Thanks
    Snakes in general are escape artists.. I had a sunbeam that got out when I was younger.. This time around I build my own enclosure which I'm 99% positive is escape proof.. It's hard to even open sometimes.. But sounds like he is active cuz he's hungry.. Or temps are off but more then likely he's hunting..

Thanks

Re: Escape artist!

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedMX3 View Post
    Snakes in general are escape artists.. I had a sunbeam that got out when I was younger.. This time around I build my own enclosure which I'm 99% positive is escape proof.. It's hard to even open sometimes.. But sounds like he is active cuz he's hungry.. Or temps are off but more then likely he's hunting..

Thanks for the input. Yeah I'm almost positive he's hunting then. Poor guy. He's such a pig, I think he'd eat every single day if I let him. This enclosure I'm using for him isn't ideal at all, but I have to make it work until I get my new cages!
    -- Lauren --
    -Atticus > Bumblebee BP
    (5 Bearded dragons)
    -Greta > Citrus Hypo Trans
    -Dahlia > Hypo Trans
    -Icelynn > Hypo Trans Leatherback
    -Apollo > Citrus Hypo Silkback
    -Quasimodo > Hypo Trans Leatherback

-Chloe & Austin > Papillons
    -Raven > Belgian Malinois

-Enzo > polydactyl black cat