Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,143

2 members and 3,141 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

USARK and OUR community.

From USARK

What:
    West Virgina House Bill 2209 was introduced February 13, 2013. This bill seeks to make ownership and breeding of many reptiles illegal including; water monitors, crocodile monitors, crocodilians, hundreds of venomous snakes and also many mammals.

A person may not own, possess, keep, harbor, bring into the state or have custody or control of a potentially dangerous wild animal
    A person may not breed a potentially dangerous wild animal
    A person in legal possession of a potentially dangerous wild animal prior to January 1, 2014, and who is the legal possessor of the animal may keep possession of the animal for the remainder of the animal’s life and shall prove that he or she possessed the animal prior to January 1, 2014 Complete text and list of prohibited animals can be found here: http://usark.org/wp-content/uploads/...09-2.13.14.pdf

How you can help:
    Follow THIS LINK and send emails to the West Virginia Committee on Natural Resources members. It takes just 30 seconds to protect your rights! Simply fill in your address and hit send. You may personalize the drafted letter if desired. Please SHARE this with others and especially West Virginia residents.

Link

http://usark.org/campaign/west-virgi...use-bill-2209/

Thanks

Re: USARK and OUR community.

USARK is doing a really great job. They have pumped out output on their face book page. Thing are rolling. And just because we all miss it, here's my drama for the day

I happened to notice the huge jump in "likes" on the Herp Alliance face book page. Anyone notice this? Did you also notice that almost 3,000 of those likes originated in Jakarta? And that another 2,000 + came from South America? Herp Alliance aka Andrew/Erica are so desperate to look relevent they are actually purchasing "likes" for the Herp Alliance face book page. That's a great way to spend donation money that's supposed to be targeted to protect our rights. I told you these people can't be trusted. They are pathetic. Don't send them any money, don't "like" Herp Alliance on face book, and don't fall for the bull that they are looking out for us. They are only looking out for themselves. Support USARK. Thank you

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ken Foose For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (07-25-2013),Kodieh (02-16-2013),Valentine Pirate (02-16-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
    USARK is doing a really great job. They have pumped out output on their face book page. Thing are rolling. And just because we all miss it, here's my drama for the day

I happened to notice the huge jump in "likes" on the Herp Alliance face book page. Anyone notice this? Did you also notice that almost 3,000 of those likes originated in Jakarta? And that another 2,000 + came from South America? Herp Alliance aka Andrew/Erica are so desperate to look relevent they are actually purchasing "likes" for the Herp Alliance face book page. That's a great way to spend donation money that's supposed to be targeted to protect our rights. I told you these people can't be trusted. They are pathetic. Don't send them any money, don't "like" Herp Alliance on face book, and don't fall for the bull that they are looking out for us. They are only looking out for themselves. Support USARK. Thank you
    Yes Ken, the Herp Alliance is apparently extremely popular with 18 to 24 year olds in Jakarta. Likes were plummeting after Foose-Gate and then within a day or two they shot up through the roof.

Their Facebook page is extremely informative. Today I learned that snakes are safer than having a latex or rubber fetish. God knows what will happen to the herp world if those two bags of wind disappear from the scene.
    Last edited by Skiploder; 02-17-2013 at 12:31 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

Kodieh (02-17-2013),Valentine Pirate (02-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts

Adding up the low end totals from the email sent out today, plus a guess at an average of 50 USD per "additional donor", USARK netted $29,545 in donations minimum.

Not a bad outting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodieh For This Useful Post:

3skulls (02-27-2013)

Thanks

USARK and OUR community.

Please take just 30 seconds to protect your right to keep reptiles. This is especially important for California residents! SHARE!
    Is this email not displaying correctly?
    View it in your browser.

Where: California State

What:
    California Assembly Bill 339 was introduced on February 13, 2013 and has now been assigned a Committee. This bill would make it illegal to sell reptiles and animals at reptile shows currently held six or more times annually under California Business and Professions Code. It is important to carve out reptile shows from this bill now should definitions for "swap meet" be altered.

Complete text of Bill can be found here: http://usark.org/wp-content/uploads/...2/CA-AB339.pdf

Pertinent California Business and Professions code excerpt can be found here: http://usark.org/wp-content/uploads/...-339-20132.pdf

How you can help:
    Do you have 30 seconds? Follow THIS LINK and send emails to the California Committee on Public Safety members. It takes just 30 seconds to protect your rights! Simply fill in your address and hit send. You may personalize the drafted letter if desired. Please SHARE this with others and especially California residents.

Say NO to California AB 339

USARK will follow this bill closely and keep everyone updated. Right now, we must make all California Committee on Public Safety members aware of the bill and that we oppose it. Thanks for your support!

Link here.
    http://usark.org/campaign/vote-no-to...mbly-bill-339/

Thanks

Sent. I think it's important to remember that you don't have to be a resident of that state to support your fellow keepers. We ALL need to protect our rights and help others protect theirs. Just a small way we can all get involved.

Burmese Pythons: 1.0 Albino [George]

Reticulated Pythons: 1.0 White Phase [Zeus]

Ball Pythons:
    0.1 Spider [Isis] | 0.2 Normal [Athena/Pandora]

Carpet Pythons: 0.1 Jungle [Pris]

Colombian BCI: 1.0 Crimson/Pastel [Pablo] | 1.0 Hypo Salmon [Escobar] | 0.1 Pastel [Haven]

Black Rat Snakes: 0.1 Albino [Malachi]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Willie76 For This Useful Post:

3skulls (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts
    Bumping this back up, I'm currently at approximately $50 dollars donated monthly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kodieh For This Useful Post:

3skulls (07-24-2013),Bluebonnet Herp (07-25-2013),Tribal (07-24-2013)

Thanks
    I didn't know USARK existed until just recently, but.. I gave an educational lecture on snakes to a local elementary school's second graders, where I volunteered at. Rosca made an awesome teaching tool with the kids. I think if anyone ever has a chance to teach about reptiles, definitely DO it! It feels very rewarding and it does give back to the community. Several kiddos got over their fear of snakes that day.

After I get a new job and settle into my new place next month, I'd love to start a monthly donation.
    ​Females
    0.1 wildtypes [Rosca]
    0.1 pastave [Persephone]
    0.1 mutt redtail boa [Serendipity]
    0.1 false water cobra [Artemis]
    0.1 white lipped python [Pandora]
    0.1 super tiger retic [Callie]
    0.1 leopard gecko [Adelita]
    0.1 diamond dove [Pidgey]
    0.1 hairless dumbo rat [Scarlett No Haira]
    0.2 dumbo rex rat, fancy rat [Fern, Harley Quinn]
    0.1 gerbil [Katrina]
    0.1 mouse [Snow White]
    0.1 cat + kittens [Mama Cat]
    0.1 African Dwarf Frog [Zelda]

?? molly fish
    Males
    1.0 fiancee [Patrick]
    1.0 Argentine b&w tegu [Emrys]
    1.0 hypo red bearded dragon [Zammy]
    1.0 bumblebee [Zerok]
    1.0 albino king snake [Dumbledore]
    1.0 diamond dove [Julius]
    1.0 dumbo rat [Ratrick Stewart]
    1.0 gerbil [Sven]
    1.0 betta fish [Casanova]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DestinyLynette For This Useful Post:

Kodieh (07-27-2013)

Thanks

USARK and OUR community.

USARK Fights Cat-X in Washington D.C.

Summer has been a busy time for USARK! In July, USARK President Phil Goss, accompanied by our legal team at Kelley Drye, spent two full days in Washington, D.C. opposing the categorical exclusion (Cat-X) for Lacey Act listings by the Department of the Interior and United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS). Traveling to Capitol Hill, USARK visited with over a dozen House, Senate and key Congressional Committee offices, receiving strong support at every stop. The legal expertise and government connections held by USARK’s legal team are undeniably among the most influential in Washington. As a result of USARK’s efforts, we obtained the signatures of key House Natural Resources Subcommittee Chairmen on a letter to USFWS Director Dan Ashe opposing the categorical exclusion waiver for Lacey Act listings (view the letter HERE). In addition, we spent over an hour formulating strategy with the Small Business Office of Advocacy (SBA) on collaborative efforts to oppose the Cat-X proposal, and ultimately the listing of the remaining animals on the Lacey Act. In support of SBA, USARK requested an extension to the comment period (which was granted and the deadline will be 60 days from the re-opening date). You can use the USARK Action Alert (HERE) to voice your opposition.

USARK was well-prepared and submitted extensive comments before the original deadline. As USARK has previously noted, FWS is proposing a “categorical exclusion” from the National Environmental Policy Act (better known simply as “NEPA”) when it acts to ban importation and interstate trade in reptiles and other species it, in its sole judgment, considers “injurious.” In response, we filed thorough and legally-supported opposition to FWS’ unwarranted and unjustified proposal to exempt Lacey Act listings from environmental and scientific review and public comment.

As USARK observed, FWS lacks the power to declare itself free from NEPA. Ultimately, a court can decide whether the snake listing or any future declaration of a reptile or amphibian species as injurious complies with NEPA and other applicable law. USARK stands ready to uphold these laws, and end and reverse the unjustified snake ban. (Read more concerning Cat-X at the bottom of this email.)

USARK Battles Push to Add Constrictors as Injurious

Additionally, USARK worked with several top reptile breeders in Florida to combat a push by the anti-pet groups before Congress to list the remaining five species of constrictor snakes (including boa constrictors and reticulated pythons) as injurious under the Lacey Act. These groups are seeking assistance from Florida’s Representative Vern Buchanan to gather signatures from colleagues in support of this listing. A letter was drafted by USARK and signed by many of Florida's reptile industry leaders. The letter was personally delivered by USARK’s legal counsel to Representative Buchanan’s office urging him to delay sending the letter from the anti-pet groups until our Florida-based stakeholders can have an opportunity to brief him and present more accurate information on the issue. The USARK Action Alert (HERE) allows you to contact your federal representative and oppose this push by anti-pet groups. USARK also contacted the entire federal delegation with our opposition.

USARK President Presents at International Herpetological Symposium

USARK President Phil Goss headed to New Orleans last week and presented at the International Herpetological Symposium. Goss educated the attendees on the hidden anti-pet agenda threatening our community by non-profit organizations posing as animal welfare groups. The size and influence of this agenda was an eye opener and attendees took note. The call for support and participation from members of the herp community was a recurring theme. If our members sit back and allow these groups to do as they please, the herp community will fade quickly. The question and answer portion following the talk was the most active of any presentation at IHS. Goss also used this IHS opportunity to network with influential members of the herp community and solidify the importance of USARK.

Letter link
    http://usark.org/wp-content/uploads/..._Exclusion.pdf

Action alert here
    http://usark.org/action-alert/usfws-...l-exclusion-2/

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3skulls For This Useful Post:

ARamos8 (08-08-2013),Kodieh (08-08-2013)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast