Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,267

1 members and 3,266 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Sprout in my coconut fiber?

So uh, I was doing my routine maintenance with my balls and I noticed a small sprouting stem springing out of the substrate (about 1 1/2 inches of coconut fiber). This really caught me off guard and it would have to have sprouted in the last 4 days or so because I mixed the substrate up on 1/19 to even out the areas that dried out. Looked through the substrate and nothing seems to be there that shouldn't. Not really sure what to make of this lol

Thanks
    I just don't see how a plant could have made it into my room and then into the enclosure. Makes no sense with my daily routing, but I guess I could have stepped on something and brought it in lol

Thanks
    Congrats you will now be able to grow a palm tree.

Kidding, I doubt it's anything to worry about. I'm sure seeds get into substrate without anybody noticing but without water and good sunlight they'll never sprout. I myself would try to grow it out of curiosity but you can always just toss it.
    Black Pewter het Hypo Vestris; Black Pastel Enchi Zamira; Black Pastel Cheryn; Hypo Enchi Sofia; Lesser Pastel Eren; Super Mojave ???; Piebald Mako; Fire Vin; Pastel Estelle; Spider Hanji, Ezri; Normal Angelina, John, Aradia; Mojave Joe; Anerythreustic Kenyan Sand Boa ???; German Shepherd Dog Atticus; Rats Snowman, Colette, Calliope, Eliza, ???, ???