Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,643

0 members and 2,643 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
    Thanks

Eating feeder butt first

so this is the third time iv fed my snake since iv gotten him, first two feedings went great but currently he is trying to swallow one butt first, he has been struggling to get past one of the hind legs for about 30 min now (first feedings he had then down in around 5 min) idk if I should be worried or if its normal for young BPs, nothing I can really do at this point but let him figure it out on his own, anyone had similar issues?

Thanks

Re: Eating feeder butt first

Nothing to worry about they always figure it out on their own. Sometimes just takes em a bit, but the hard part is over, getting him interested/killing his prey...
    Check me out on Facebook "Medusa's morphs"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to medusasmorphs For This Useful Post:

Stefan92 (01-21-2013)

Thanks

Re: Eating feeder butt first

yep sure enough he got threw it just took awhile, he has no problem with interest however lol, thing was also dead with in less than a minute... Thanks for the reply!

Thanks
    My local pet store, about 5 or 6 years ago had a few nasty hamsters that they couldn't sell. I had been friends with the owner for a few years and he always would give me deals on everything. So since he couldn't sell these guys, do to their mean nature, he gave them to me for my snakes. They were put out of there misery with a CO2 chamber and I proceeded to feed them off. I had a big normal, that on more than one occasion, ate the hamsters backwards! It must have been the crazy fur on these guys or something because she could not figure it out. Anyway, she never had any health issues or anything as a result of the backwards feeding. I've also seen corn snakes eat pinkies and hoppers backwards with no issues.