Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,356

4 members and 3,352 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Yup. I got all these emails too. Not too happy- and wondering who else has all my info. Not cool and not a good way to start out. Poor show
    0.1 Pastel Lesser Platinum (BP)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa
    0.1 Indian Sand Boa (Sunset)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Anery)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Rufescen)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Albino)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Snow)
    And a lot of Tarantulas

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

How is Andrew Wyatt getting your info?

I hope this opens peoples eyes to the type of person he is.

Just because he was the CEO and started USARK doesn't mean our emails are his property. I'm sure bank account numbers where on his personal laptop too. Can he still use those as he sees fit?

100% untrustworthy.

Thanks

Re: How is Andrew Wyatt getting your info?

I just read a post on facebook about this... don't recall what it said
    The only way to shine your light is in the dark...Never let life kill your spark- Crown the Empire

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts
    There have been a string of - at worst - lies; at best cleverly worded semantics that the new head of USHA (nee the old head of USARK) has been engaging in.

It seems that Mr. Wyatt and his new sidekick have not been paying attention to why people were frustrated with his tenure at USARK. Namely it was the offhanded way questions were handled, the often arrogant handling of people who dared disagree with his views (reference the Burm Junkies threads in which he participated) and the often casual if not intentional freedom with the facts.

FACT: Andrew Wyatt stated, in his sworn testimony on HR2811 that self imposed pre-emptive BMPs were being discussed in SC and VA could serve as a national model.

Reference:

"For example, last year legislation was passed in NC with the support of the NC Partners in Amphibian & Reptile Conservation to regulate the ownership and use of large constricting snakes. Similar legislation exists in the states of Texas and Florida, for reference. These measures insure that safe, secure, professional best management practices are observed to legally work with these animals. USARK is also currently working in VA and SC to introduce similar legislation in 2010. These best management practices embodied in existing state legislation could easily be adapted to a national USARK accreditation process insuring uniformity and professionalism across the country."

FACT: Andrew Wyatt - through Erika Chen-Walsh - claimed that he in no way ever inferred, alluded to or discussed this model legislation when questioned directly on it by Kevin McCurley.

"Kevin,

I just double checked with Andrew. This is not true. Andrew has never proposed the North Carolina statute in any other state, not prior to joining USARK, not during his tenure with USARK and not since.

There seems to be a general desire to smear Andrew Wyatt by a few members of the community. I am not saying that is what you are doing here, Kev, but you know I have heard this before and you know where I have heard it.

Let me state clearly, Herp Alliance is not proposing the NC bill in any state nor do we have plans to do so. If there is a different reason why this is relevant, by all means let me know.

Thanks,
    Erika"

FACT: USARK has not shared their e-mail list with USHA.
    "The Current Board of USARK has not shared our email list with the United States Herpetoculture Alliance, Inc., (Herp Alliance), or any other organization outside of USARK. Our list is private, and is used only for Newsletters, Alerts and other important notices from USARK. Any other use of our mailing list is unauthorized and has been done so, without our consent. If you receive an email from an organization that you have not solicited, please respond to that organization directly, and ask them to remove your e-mail address from their mailing list immediately.

Thank you,
    USARK Board of Directors"

FACT: Andrew Wyatt - through Erika Chen-Walsh - seems to be claiming this is all some sort of weird coincidence and may be due to the coziness of the community.
    Hello All,

"With respect to the Herp Alliance mailing list, it is not the same as USARK's. Naturally there is some overlap with USARK's list (and I imagine Repticon's list and others), but USARK's mailing list is, I believe, significantly larger than Herp Alliance's. This community is simply not that big. Herp Alliance does not share its mailing list with anyone. If any person wishes to be removed from the list, you can simply unsubscribe using the link in the email. Your address will be automatically removed.

If there is a USARK board member who is discussing the Herp Alliance mailing list, or accusing Andrew, directly or indirectly of wrong doing, I have yet to see it. To the contrary, the two organizations have maintained absolute professionalism. In fact, when Herp Alliance learned yesterday that USARK was having problems with their Facebook page due to the Facebook search engine, Herp Alliance published a link on our own Facebook page to their's.

Erika N. Chen-Walsh
    Herp Alliance
    The Future of Herpetoculture"

Enough already. You lied to Kevin and you are using USARK's old list. Before you hit the internet with a new string of slickly crafted posts that do nothing but tap dance and evade, stop and consider that the community may be a little more intelligent, a little more savvy and a little more tuned in than you are giving credit.

USHA is doing nothing but showing that a leopard is indeed incapable of changing it's spots - or at least one leopard in particular.

Dr. Booth has been more than willing to come on the forums and provide us with what answers he can. When he can't give an answer he lets us know. Members of PIJAC are starting to do the same.

But for some reason, we are still getting the same evasiveness from USHA and - for a lack of a better word - sheer arrogance that was the trademark of USARK with Wyatt at the helm.

USHA is right about one thing - this is a small community...........and we share and compare notes. Start coming correct or I predict you will be getting little more than those oh-so-valuable "likes" on facebook.
    Last edited by Skiploder; 01-17-2013 at 11:00 PM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

Aes_Sidhe (01-17-2013),Don (01-18-2013),meowmeowkazoo (01-18-2013),Shadera (01-18-2013),Valentine Pirate (01-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts
    By the way, ladies and germs, it has come to my attention that USHA is deleting the Facebook posts of anyone who logs on a complaint about the unauthorized e-mails.

What a cowardly thing. You swipe USARK's list and then edit out the comments of anyone who calls you on it? Pathetic. Absolutely and utterly pathetic. You mealy mouth cowards.

Good luck with the donations you arrogant dolts.

PS: Don't think that it has escaped my notice that the only thing that works on your website is the donations page!
    Last edited by Skiploder; 01-17-2013 at 11:38 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

3skulls (01-18-2013),meowmeowkazoo (01-18-2013),Shadera (01-18-2013)

Thanks
    Any little respect I have had for Wyatt has diminished completely at this point.

Ryan Hatmaker - Hatmaker Reptiles-

Colubrids and Sand Boas

"Once you get your first snake, you've sold your soul to reptiles. You can try to leave or run away... but they will find you."

BPnet Senior Member meowmeowkazoo's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you ever donated to USARK in the past, I would recommend keeping an eye on your bank account, just in case their list of donators just happens to coincide with USARK as well. You know, due to how small and cozy our community is.
    [Python regius]
    1.0 Black Butter Pinstripe (Amazeballs), 1.0 Pastel Butter Leopard (Thunderbeeper)
    0.1 Spider (Charlotte), 0.1 Leopard (Spot), 0.1 Pastel (Buttercup), Fire Sugar (Abaddon), Crystal (Opalescence)

[Python brongersmai]
    1.1 T+ Albino (Kushiel & Carmilla)

[Boa imperator]
    1.0 Hypo 100% Het Leopard/66% Het Albino (Darcy)
    0.1 66% Het Leopard/Albino (Gabby)

[Colubrids]
    0.1 Cave-dwelling Rat Snakes (Betty Spaghetti)

Thanks
    I got this emal from USARK a few hours ago. And I had gotten the USHA email two days prior.

Announcement regarding USARK mailing list
    Important Announcement

The Current Board of USARK has not shared our email list with the United States Herpetoculture Alliance, Inc., (Herp Alliance), or any other organization outside of USARK. Our list is private, and is used only for Newsletters, Alerts and other important notices from USARK. Any other use of our mailing list is unauthorized and has been done so, without our consent. If you receive an email from an organization that you have not solicited, please respond to that organization directly, and ask them to remove your e-mail address from their mailing list immediately.

Thank you,
    USARK Board of Directors
    http://www.iherp.com/mikel81

0.1 Eastern Garter
    2.0 Corns (snow+black)
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    1.1 Orangetail Hypo Het Anery Hog Island Boas
    0.1 Super Jamp Retic
    Balls:
    0.1 Normal
    1.1 Lesser
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.1 Mojave Orange Ghost
    1.0 Orange Ghost
    0.1 Cinnamon het Orange Ghost
    1.0 Phantom

Thanks
    Herp Alliance has now released the following statement via Facebook:

"Herp Alliance
    Herp Alliance is getting spammed with questions since USARK issued its newsletter tonight which implies that Herp Alliance is using USARK's mailing list.

Herp Alliance is not using USARK's mailing list. The Herp Alliance mailing list is from Andrew Wyatt's personal contact list (one of several lists) from contacts he has acquired over many years and from requests through the web site and Facebook page. Our mailing from yesterday went to fewer than 2000 people. USARK's mailing list is almost 10,000.

A lot of assumptions are being made that are incorrect."
    Facebook - Stare Worthy Serpents
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stare...76771925806600

Instragram - StareWorthySerpent

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

How is Andrew Wyatt getting your info?

Quote Originally Posted by M&H View Post
    Herp Alliance has now released the following statement via Facebook:

"Herp Alliance
    Herp Alliance is getting spammed with questions since USARK issued its newsletter tonight which implies that Herp Alliance is using USARK's mailing list.

Herp Alliance is not using USARK's mailing list. The Herp Alliance mailing list is from Andrew Wyatt's personal contact list (one of several lists) from contacts he has acquired over many years and from requests through the web site and Facebook page. Our mailing from yesterday went to fewer than 2000 people. USARK's mailing list is almost 10,000.

A lot of assumptions are being made that are incorrect."
    Haha. Well I know I never contacted Andrew and there is no way he would have my email in a personal way.

Is everything a lie with them now? No way in Hell I would ever send him money.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast