Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,307

2 members and 3,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I thought it was very odd, as I hadn't given any information to Alliance (I was avoiding anything like that until I had more information on what they were going to do). It didn't occur to me as anything more than odd at first, but the more I think of it the less I like it. Crappy way to do business is an understatement.

Erica Evans
    Scourge of the San Juan Islands
    High Tide Exotics
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentine Pirate For This Useful Post:

3skulls (01-17-2013),STjepkes (01-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

How is Andrew Wyatt getting your info?

Thank you.
    I'm glad to see other are taking notice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Honestly when I got that email my first thought was "how did they get my email". I assumed that I must have absentmindedly signed up for it and forgot because I was pretty sure they didn't have my email address. It appears that is probably not the case if others mysteriously received the email as well and makes me worried as to how they obtained it.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

Thanks

Re: How is Andrew Wyatt getting your info?

If our email address were so easy to get to and use for other purposes, I wonder what other info isn't safe? Hmm ...

I'm a bit shocked to see a couple people telling others it isn't a big deal. Privacy is a very big deal. Especially when those email addresses were connected to financial info when donations were given.
    `*`

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

I would imagine that since he was the president and spokesperson for USARK since it's inception that he would have access to all the email addresses on his personal computer as he would have used it to do emailers. That being said I still don't feel it was very professional to automatically assume it was OK to email everyone as we are all officially on board with this new project. My fisrt thought is they need to get donationations and thought this would get the word out. This was not the way to go about it and I think he did more harm than good to the integrity of this new project

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Add me to the list of people who received a email. I have never contacted them or emailed them, mainly because I have not had time to poke at WHY he felt the need to leave on organization because of "differences" yet started another IDENTICAL organization that seems to mimic the first.

I am not super alarmed at getting unsolicited emails, but I do not think it is professional to take the mailing list from the place you're leaving. In fact, I think it may be illegal to do so. I do understand people who ARE alarmed, as personal information being leaked/stolen is a very big deal and can lead to a lot of fraud.

The answer implying that he did not take the list is bogus. If he can't come up with a better line of BS than that, it's no wonder he couldn't convince Congress to let us keep our pets.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

Anatopism (01-17-2013),ballpythonluvr (01-17-2013),Megg (03-04-2016),Mft62485 (01-22-2013),Shadera (01-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    Well, I guess that email from USARK explains it. Looks like Wyatt stole the email list. Classy. Real classy.
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    USARK on their Facebook released the following message:

"The Current Board of USARK has not shared our email list with any other organization outside of USARK. Our list is private, and is used only for Newsletters, Alerts, and other important notices from USARK. Any other use of our mailing list is unauthorized and has been done so, without our consent. If you receive an email from an organization that you have not solicited, please respond to that organization directly, and ask them to remove your e-mail address from their mailing list immediately.

Thank you,
    USARK Board of Directors"
    Facebook - Stare Worthy Serpents
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stare...76771925806600

Instragram - StareWorthySerpent

Thanks

The new group claims they stole nothing. Regardless, people gave their info to USARK. Not to Andrew to do with as he pleases.
    `*`

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
    The new group claims they stole nothing. Regardless, people gave their info to USARK. Not to Andrew to do with as he pleases.
    Then they are liars. I never signed up for any info from that group. It seems only the people who get emails from USARK got the email from USHA.

That is just so wrong..
    ~Steffe

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast