Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,173

0 members and 3,173 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Herp Nation Radio Special Report – Ball Pythons Banned in Texas

This is exactly how a nationwide ban is going to start: They will target small towns and counties where they know they can get away with passing these types of laws. Once these laws get passed SOMEWHERE they are much easier to get passed EVERYWHERE.

This is a small county in Texas. This guy is either going to lose his house or lose his snakes, either way it’s not right. We don’t all own Burmese pythons or live in Florida but I am sure a lot of us wrote letters to try to stop the python ban, this should be no different. It’s time to step up and help try to fix something before more counties decide to do the same thing. If we can overturn this law in Wilson County Texas I would imagine we could help other places where this sort of ridiculous law is being thought of. We need to start fighting to keep our animals.

I’m sure most of you are thinking “That won’t happen where I live”, YOUR WRONG. Florida has an actual problem (not exactly how the news shows it, but still a problem) with a decent number of Burmese pythons out in the wild, Wilson County had 1. Even Florida didn’t BAN them; they just require permits and fees now. This small rural county completely banned ALL constrictors because of 1 Burmese python, and a cobra. This County is right outside of San Antonio, can you imagine what would happen if San Antonio decided to do this? All it will take is 1 large city to decide to do the same thing and then we are done for.

There have been maps released showing “possible places Burmese pythons can live in the U.S.” and it was every state from North Carolina down to Florida and across to Texas. We have a lot of Burmese pythons in Florida and now we have had 1 in Wilson County Texas. When a law gets put into place because “a horse might kick your cobra cage off the shelf” do you really think it is unrealistic for people to look at a map and assume that from Texas all the way to Florida there are Burmese pythons out in the wild? Every state in-between Texas and Florida now has ammo to help ban our snakes if they want to.

You may not keep Burmese pythons or Cobras but we all keep reptiles. I know there were a lot of people who didn’t try to stop the python ban because “it didn’t concern them” because they only keep ball pythons. Well out of nowhere this county just banned everything. Regardless of what you keep it is time to start sending in letters to try to fix this.

Send some letters to Wilson County and let’s try to stop this: http://www.co.wilson.tx.us/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    That's so ridiculous. What if that horse bucked and kicked a person in the head? BAN ALL HORSES!!!

I'd love to see that run in the local paper. With the vet's name on it. What would you bet he'd get plenty of phone calls then.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

What that can't be right

bad ass Baked sg3 http://dragcave.net/image/PQXh1.gif please click an view the egg http://dragcave.net/image/uUS85.gif

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts

Herp Nation Radio Special Report – Ball Pythons Banned in Texas

Dumb da dumb dumb dummmmmmmb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by royal constrictor View Post
    dude ignore those guys what happened when they made alcohol illegal, or marijuana..... im from hawaii, and all snakes r illegal... but what do people do they come to the mainland, put a ball python between theyre legs and fly them back to hawaii... now the cops r gunna have one more stupid thing to arrest people for that us tax payers r paying for, when they should be out protecting us from other things than harmless snakes.... and hows that, us tax payers r paying taxes so they can ban what we want.... doesnt sound fair to me
    If snakes were introduced to Hawaii and formes a population it would devastate the whole ecosystem so it is a big deal...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    0.1 Albino Ball Python

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by royal constrictor View Post
    dude ignore those guys what happened when they made alcohol illegal, or marijuana..... im from hawaii, and all snakes r illegal... but what do people do they come to the mainland, put a ball python between theyre legs and fly them back to hawaii... now the cops r gunna have one more stupid thing to arrest people for that us tax payers r paying for, when they should be out protecting us from other things than harmless snakes.... and hows that, us tax payers r paying taxes so they can ban what we want.... doesnt sound fair to me
    And we wonder why snake owners have a bad rep, with comments like this it’s no surprise.

Because a law is stupid and you do not agree with it does not mean you should condone irresponsible ownership that reflects on ALL of us.

And now an official reminder

8. No posts promoting illegal behavior will be tolerated, including but not limited to warez/pirating of copyrighted material, illegal drug or alcohol usage, and illegal ownership or trafficking of species.
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

rabernet (01-17-2013)

Thanks
    We really are done for if especially non-dangerous species such as ball-pythons ever receive state-wide bans. Sure, most people are happy leave us alone, but would people ever vote to over turns laws like that? I have little to no hope of that being a possibility...

Thanks

Herp Nation Radio Special Report – Ball Pythons Banned in Texas

Anyone get a name on that "vet", and I use will that term lightly. He should know better than that, sounds to me like he got a really nice payoff. Someone should look into that. A bribe would be a huge killer in that case, I just can't see a vet saying that stuff. Even if they don't per say like them, they should know that they're not dangerous.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Valley For This Useful Post:

STjepkes (01-17-2013)

BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wait, is this all of Texas? Or is it Wilson County? I heard they just banned the snakes that one would require a commercial/recreational exotic snake permit for, such as African rock pythons, southern African rock pythons, green anacondas, reticulated pythons, and Burmese pythons, as well as non-native venomous snakes. But if they ban ball pythons, boa constrictors, and the like, well damn, they're gonna have to arrest me before they can take them out of my home.
    I mean, really? Regulations? In MY Texas!?

Thanks

He probably got his facts from rikki tikki tavi, the idiot.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Faolan For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (08-31-2013)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast