Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,328

0 members and 3,328 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Animal planet aggrivates me..

I dont know if im the only one but Animal Planet has been ticking me off lately. Want to know why? Animal Planet is what made me have my passion for all animals and herps since i was 3. But now i feel like their shows make a negative impact on some animals. I used to watch shows that educated people about snakes, herps, inverts, ect. Steve, Jeff or whoever showed that these animals were usually harmless and very interesting. Now all i see is shows like Infested, Rattlesnake Republic, Cant beat em eat em, "this animal almost killed me" and all this other garbage that scares people. How can a house be "infested" with snakes that are not even venomous and pose no threat? Why show a program of senselessly killing animals for entertainment or for their skin? And killing animals for food when no one even eats them just "to try"? I dont know but i feel like these shows are going to contribute to why our pets are being banned by the goverment. Animal planet is just scaring people with no facts or respect for certain animals just for ratings. Seriously a year or two back there was a episode of a mother finding a ball python wrapped around her babys leg for warmth and they made it seem it was trying to eat the babys leg.. Seriously its rediculous.

Sorry for the rant

Thanks
    Your not the only one. It seems like since Steve passed away AP just dropped the ball. The only positive show I've seen on there these days is gator boys.

Thanks
    Oh man, I have to agree big time. There was something that I saw recently that hit pretty close to home.

It was on Animal Cops, they had found a home where a guy was illegally breeding and selling bps, rtbs, carpets, etc. and while they were seizing the animals they went on about how dangerous they were.

aiudhgjksdflkgj UGH
    0.1 Normal Ball Python - Athena
    1.0 American Leatherback Bearded Dragon - Ares

Thanks
    I completely agree with you, I used to love animal planet and now it disgusts me. It's gone from educating people to condemning animals.

1.0 ball pythons - Koba
    0.1 pitbull/lab - Cinnamon
    0.1 collie/elkhound - Fluffy
    0.2 children
    1.0 boyfriend
    I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

1.1 ball pythons - Koba-Aurora
    0.1 pitbull/lab - Cinnamon
    0.1 collie/elkhound - Fluffy
    0.2 children
    1.0 Boyfriend

Thanks
    Ya I wish animal plant was better I used to watch the big cat diaries and the two monkey shows when I worked midnights cuz they came on at five thirty in morning but like you all said its not how it was growing up and they would show everyone how awesome the different animals are
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks

Re: Animal planet aggrivates me..

Exactly, i saw that episode of animal cops also. I feel like if its not a puppy or a kitten on the show "too cute", EVERYTHING is dangerous. Pitbulls and Perolees and Gator Boys are the only 2 shows i see trying to improve a animals bad rep. Im just so dissapointed, the past few years i barely ever watch that channel. A big difference from growing up with it always on. I feel like media, tv, and everything else in this world is just out to scare people for ratings with all negative facts and opinions. Its like people are waiting to watch something of a negative nature rather then being informed or educated.

Thanks
    Make the planet fear the animals so there is no out cry of rage when the animal habitats are destroyed since they are all dangerous anyway that's their new out look
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Animal planet......hey still not as bad as the "learning channel".

Thanks

Re: Animal planet aggrivates me..

Quote Originally Posted by ds1091 View Post
    Exactly, i saw that episode of animal cops also. I feel like if its not a puppy or a kitten on the show "too cute", EVERYTHING is dangerous. Pitbulls and Perolees and Gator Boys are the only 2 shows i see trying to improve a animals bad rep. Im just so dissapointed, the past few years i barely ever watch that channel. A big difference from growing up with it always on. I feel like media, tv, and everything else in this world is just out to scare people for ratings with all negative facts and opinions. Its like people are waiting to watch something of a negative nature rather then being informed or educated.

"Lets define a terrorist organization, a terrorist organization is an organization the scares you! on a daily basis and makes you change your behavior... What does CNN, Fox news and MSNBC do on a daily basis???"
    -Christopher Titus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Animal planet......hey still not as bad as the "learning channel".
    Discovery channel? Haha they don't teach anything anymore and history channel is following I used to love watching history channel for the war docs
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast