Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,343

5 members and 3,338 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: A Challenge - Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

For the record, I am not for or against such legislation - I see the merit but I also see where it could be built upon to further restrict our rights.

The reason why I bring it up is simple - why did Mr. Wyatt and Ms. Chen-Walsh deny something that they clearly did say?

Her quotes:

Kevin,

I just double checked with Andrew. This is not true. Andrew has never proposed the North Carolina statute in any other state, not prior to joining USARK, not during his tenure with USARK and not since.

There seems to be a general desire to smear Andrew Wyatt by a few members of the community. I am not saying that is what you are doing here, Kev, but you know I have heard this before and you know where I have heard it.

Let me state clearly, Herp Alliance is not proposing the NC bill in any state nor do we have plans to do so. If there is a different reason why this is relevant, by all means let me know.

Thanks,
    Erika

Kev,

Thanks for clarifying. That is an absolute NO. Wyatt has never proposed it anywhere else.

SC twice tried to hijack it on their own and Andrew killed it both times. The last time was in 2012 when Andrew and USARK's former lobbyist, Frank Vitello, killed it. Vitello was working for TIGERS. They tag teamed the senator and he pulled the bill.

Kev, consider your source, please.

Erika

and Kevin's questions:

Hi Erika,

This same set of rigorous standards was offered to South Carolina......... It was rejected but "offered' as I understand it. I am not interjecting ANYTHING about OHIO since there are people such as yourself that are in the trenches and know first hand.

I am interested in these Regs. being offered to another state that was NOT in the process of changing its laws.

I am trying to clarify this point. Can I please get a response if you know anything about this?

Kev

I am just looking for total clarification that NOTHING like this was ever done or even "spoken of".... I am responding to things that have been said over and over again and I am trying to unravel the mystery here.

To be painfully clear..... not word play, these regs. or a rendition of such regs. has never been offered, regarded, mentioned, endorsed or elluded to.
    No one from S.C. State agencies has engaged in conversations regarding their existing laws and changes to the above....?

Ok, so the official statement is a firm NO. There are no set of dots that can be connected here.... These types of conversations have never occurred?

And Erika, you know I think the world of you! I am not trying to poke you...I just need absolute clarity to such facts.... I need to clarify the things that I am led to believe.

Thanks - Kev

Am I looking at this wrong?
    Last edited by Skiploder; 01-07-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks
    And then there's this...

http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...9988?p=1&tc=pg

Reptile rules among new N.C. laws taking effect

By Gary D. Robertson
    Associated Press

People who own crocodiles, venomous snakes and large pythons in North Carolina must secure them in containers and face prosecution if the reptiles gravely attack a friend or stranger in legislation that takes effect Tuesday in North Carolina.

The new reptiile rules are among more than 50 largely criminal justice laws approved this year, including a texting-while-driving ban for all motorists, more authority for state officers who oversee probationers and the most significant changes to the state's sentencing grid since it began.

The minimum safety requirements for keeping dangerous reptiles are designed to update an abridged 60-year-old reptile law, said Andrew Wyatt of Coinjock, president of the United States Association of Reptile Keepers. Increasing numbers of people now own these reptiles as a pet or for business who aren't linked to zoos or museums.

“People that want to work with the“People that want to work with these type of animals are going to have to meet best industry management practices,” said Wyatt, who helped draft the state legislation sponsored by Sen. Ed Jones, D-Halifax. “They're going to have to step up to the plate to make sure that all the proper protocols are adhered to.”se type of animals are going to have to meet best industry management practices,” said Wyatt, who helped draft the state legislation sponsored by Sen. Ed Jones, D-Halifax. “They're going to have to step up to the plate to make sure that all the proper protocols are adhered to.”

Private owners now will have to store or transport venomous reptiles, large constricting snakes and nonnative crocodilians in “escape-proof” and “bite-proof” enclosures with a working lock. The enclosures must be labeled to include emergency contact information and what should happen if the reptile bites someone or escapes.

Someone who intentionally or negligently handles these reptiles in an unsafe manner could be charged with a misdemeanor. The owner could face up to 150 days in jail if someone besides a family member or employee suffers a life-threatening injury or dies as a result. A current owner who doesn't want to follow the new rules also could face a similar punishment if the person releases a nonnative reptile into the wild, instead of finding a new owner.

An 8-foot pet python strangled a Florida toddler in July. The python's owner was the boyfriend of the child's mother, though Wyatt said he's not aware of any such accident occurring in North Carolina.
    BPs...
    2.3 Normals, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 Spider, 1.1 100% het albinos, 1.1 albinos, 1.0 Mojave, 1.1 het pieds, 1.0 lesser, 0.1 pinstripe, 0.1 YB

Other reptilian goodness...

0.1 black motley corn, 0.1 western hognose

Wait, you have how many snakes???

Thanks
    So I can feel like I have the right to be part of the conversation...

BPs...
    2.3 Normals, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 Spider, 1.1 100% het albinos, 1.1 albinos, 1.0 Mojave, 1.1 het pieds, 1.0 lesser, 0.1 pinstripe, 0.1 YB

Other reptilian goodness...

0.1 black motley corn, 0.1 western hognose

Wait, you have how many snakes???

Thanks
    Hey Skip, I just donated another $10. If you'd like to send me an email address, I can forward a receipt to you.
    _____________Khulric_____________
    1.0 Common Snapping Turtle
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.2 Ball pythons
    1.4 Western Hognose
    1.0 Dumerils Boa
    0.3 Leopard Geckos

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swansonbb View Post
    So I can feel like I have the right to be part of the conversation...

Nice.

6 down, 14 to go.

Anybody check out the Kingsnake post?

http://www.kingsnake.com/blog/archiv...rew-Wyatt.html

Another USARK doubter willing to give the new Board a chance..........14 more donations and I more than double my monthly.

Tell you all what....if I can get get 50 people to donate by June, I will donate an additional payment of $150.00. That will put me at $450 for the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Hey Skip, I just donated another $10. If you'd like to send me an email address, I can forward a receipt to you.
    check your pm.

13 more 'til I go to $25 per month.
    Last edited by Skiploder; 01-07-2013 at 11:52 PM.

BPnet Veteran C&H Exotic Morphs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Here's one more Skip.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts
    Unless I'm not understanding something in my readings, it sounds like Herp Alliance is trying to cover their tracks from USARK to Herp Alliance. This creation of HA seem more like a captain (a term used loosely) abandoning a "sinking" ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Beautiful!

12 more. Guess I better plan on skipping my morning cup of Peet's.........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    Unless I'm not understanding something in my readings, it sounds like Herp Alliance is trying to cover their tracks from USARK to Herp Alliance. This creation of HA seem more like a captain (a term used loosely) abandoning a "sinking" ship.

It'll all settle out in a few weeks. I have faith that the original ship will right itself. As for the new one, not so sure.

Sit tight and stay tuned.............

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
    It'll all settle out in a few weeks. I have faith that the original ship will right itself. As for the new one, not so sure.

Sit tight and stay tuned.............
    Oh, of course, I meant sinking as a false representation of what's going on. I'm excited for the variable future that hopefully turns positive for USARK. I'm donating now, of course.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast