Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,222

2 members and 3,220 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thats the thing i'm not paying for a pet store rescue at all thats stupid its either free or taken cause i've not got the money to be buying other snakes, nor including vet bills but i wanna do anything possible to help the poor little guy out within my power which is better than nothin' at all which is what the pet store is giving it at least in my home I'll keep the temps right, it'll be less stressed cause i'll put it in a low flow area plus i'll wrap a blanket around the tank see no evil there is no evil kinda dealy, feed it on a regular secdual unlike whenever the department has funds to feed the animals. Just over all try and get it back to health and make it comfortable. I wasn't even think about the possibility of it having internal parasites. Thanks for the update though.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

If you do decide to take this project on, be sure to quarantine the snake away from your current animals....you don't want to possibly spread any disease or illness to your established collection.

There is a 90% possibility that the snake has internal parasites which WILL most definitely require veterinary attention or the snake will suffer greatly. Take a fecal sample to a herp-qualified vet and get it tested to see if medication is needed to de-parasitize the snake.

Thanks
    Alright thanks alot for the warnings David I'll keep in touch through PM'ing.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

or

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Andrew, it would definitely be going to far to steal the snake. No matter what kind of shape it's in, no snake (whether healthy or at death's door) is worth you going to jail.

If you want to "make a statement" to the people who own the snake when they don't just give it to you for free...then call in whatever authorities you can think of. We're always quick to assume that our local chapters of SPCA only care about cats and dogs, but there are many many exceptions to that. Also, many areas have actual reptile rescue organizations that might get involved and help apply pressure to get the animal into a more suited environment. Call the police and report animal cruelty...or at least tell the store manager that you intend to. And the BBB, and whatever other agencies might oversee pet store management.

And keep in mind what David says....if you want to help this animal as badly as you say you do, then it WILL require medical attention. If that can't be provided, then it may be better to put the poor thing to sleep than to force it to continue to live as such a sickly little thing.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Hey guys just to update you guys when i got there it was lying dead on its side worse part was they didn't even know till i showed up and checked on it. Its a sad lose but hey what can ya do thats just life. I was upset and went off on them big time but they just srugged like they always do.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious

or

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, I just wrote a whole paragraph of things you can do in, in my last post. You plan on following up on it? Let us know!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Hey Judy I thought to call the cops in to report it but the snake was dead they threw it out somewhere and I've got nothing else to go on cause all the other animals seem to at least be doing fne in my opinion they all look healthy and are active not to mention alert when the tank is opened. So basically I don't wanna waste that option until I know they'll be able to have a through report done.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious

or

That sucks that the snake died, and even moreso that the store doesn't care. I'd picket the store if I lived close.

Thanks
    Ya they were like oh that sucks put it in a bag in the freezer and then they were like we'll get a new one from the breeder. That made me mad in itself. Oh well thats just life the best i can do is just accept it and keep going to the store and doing what i can while i'm there.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious

or

Thanks
    Wow It might be kinda late for me responding to this post but I read the whole thing... What a sad story... :[
    " I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex " - Mikey -

1 Human/Girlfriend - my baby<3
    1 Colombian Red Tail Boa - Casper
    1 Ball Python - Olah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12