Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,169

2 members and 3,167 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Alright, Hissy has been spending ALL of her time in her cool hide lately! I mean there is not a single moment that i see her leave the cool hide, day or not, lights or no lights. Even after i handle her & put her back into her tank, she goes right back to the cool hide. Her warm hide is the exact same thing as her cool hide. Her temps & humidity have remained the same as always. Should I be concerned or should I just have faith in the fact that she will be smart enough to thermoregulate herself as needed? I am gettin a little nervous with her spending so much damn time on the cool side cuz i don't want her to get sick. Some one calm my fears or tell me what to do at least please!
    Life is like a game of poker. You can play each hand to the best of your ability but you are still going to run into a bad beat from time to time. What matters is how you handle it. Do you go on tilt or can you maintain your composure & rebuild your stack?

Thanks
    No worries man she knows what shes doing. My herps do weird stuff like that all the time but I just chill out and say well they know what they're doing. I mean its not like they can't move over to the hot side if they want to. Just put a little trust into the fact that they know what they're doing and you play your part as the provider LOL and all should go well.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

Banned
    Thanks
    For some reason all of mine spend 75% of their time on the cool end also

Thanks
    rex stays in his cool hide the whole time to.
    ~Jason~

0.1 BCI-Adrian
    1.0 Burm-Homer
    1.0 Tiger Retic-Buster
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If you give up before you try, then you never really wanted it in the first place."
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v708/BCImperator11/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    Actually I find that my snakes are usually enjoying the hot side when i'm sleepin'. When I awake from my disorganized slumber I like to look at them in the dark and they're usually on the hot side of the tank.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

or

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It is starting to feel as though she just wants to be in a hide at all times regardless of what side it is on or anything else. After I wrote that post last nite I picked up her cool hide & set her back down in the tank right in front of her warm hide. She want into her warm hide & has been in there ever since now. I am kinda gettin concerned that she is just constantly worried & just wants to be in hiding. I never see her explore anymore & I am always up late at nite with the lights off hopin to see her cruise around.
    Life is like a game of poker. You can play each hand to the best of your ability but you are still going to run into a bad beat from time to time. What matters is how you handle it. Do you go on tilt or can you maintain your composure & rebuild your stack?

Thanks

Wee babies, are too cute..

Is she placed in a high traffic area of the house cause that could result in putting undo stress on the animal thus all she'll do is hide out.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious

or

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    My hubby worries about as much as you lately Mr. Bob hasn't been in hiding and he is worried about him.
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Cricket, Princess, Kimberly) 0.1 Cat (Meechie) 1.1 kids and a hubby who has 1.0 red tail boa (Jay) 1.0 ball python (Silent Bob) and my daughter has 0.0.1 Bahama Anole (Liz) and 0.0.1 White Lined Gecko (Boots)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, she is right in the living room but it is just Nanci & I here & we aren't here an incredible amount. We don't walk by her cage all the time. I am starting to think that I am in a difficult situation with her because the walls & floors & ceilings in this apartment are really thin. My upstairs neighbors are youngins & they are LOUD!! I am worrying that she is put under a great deal of undo stress because of them being so heavy footed. This puts me in a tough spot cuz there is no place that I can put her where their traffic will not effect her. Any ideas on how I can reduce the stress for her???

Thanks
    Realistically no I'd have to give it some thought. Unrealistiacally you could A) Shoot the neighbours. or B)Sound Proof your apartment.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious

or

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast