Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,326

1 members and 3,325 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    I think I will wait a week and if he hasnt shed by then I will give it a try. I was just worried that he might hurt him self due to the stiffness and burns when he tried to constrict, but after seeing him coil into a ball today I know he is feeling better allready, I guess another week wont hurt him. But it sure look's like he is in hunt mode.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    Those burns look pretty bad. What are you using to treat her?
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks
    Neosporin and a lot of TLC. And it is working! I think a couple of the burns are going to leave scars, but I see no reason for anything but a full recovery. It's unbelievable how much he has improved since getting him out of those horrible conditions. I dont know how he kept from getting an RI in the conditions he was kept in.

Thanks
    So glad to hear it. I know you will take good care of him. After he sheds and has a nice new skin, he will be more likely to feel comfortable eating, but it's good that he's not lethargic although the activity may be more a sign of stress than hunting.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Yeah I'm VERY suprised he hasn't developed an RI (not saying he might not during recovery)... but as of now he's breathing heavy but not popping or wheezing at all like my old BP was (currently led4urhead's). The Neosporin we're applying to him daily is helping remove/lift/clean(?) some of the brown marks off his belly so it doesn't look AS bad... but it is still a rather nice burn he's got. I'm gonna take pictures prolly every week of his treatment just to have a record of his recovery.

Marla, thanks for double checking on that neosporin info for me. I owe u one.
    -Chris

0.1 - Columbian Redtailed Boa - Sprocket <-- now vinnimac's
    0.0.2 - Leopard Geckos - Aflack and Geico <-- LOL

Thanks
    Im glad to hear that the recovery is going so well!!! Keep up the good work, Im still SOOOOOO glad you rescued that poor guy!!!
    1.0 BP - Samson

Thanks
    Chris, I am just glad he's in yours and Carl's capable hands.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks
    Here's a little update......

Last night I noticed that he was begining to shed. Had the skin peeled just back over his eyes. When I woke up this morning I was expecting to find his shed laying in the tank, but no such luck. He had managed to only get the shed approximatly 5 inches behind his head. I decided to take him out and soak him in some warm water and help him get the shed the rest of the way off. Obviously he wasnt to happy about it because he struck at the air a couple of times on the way to the kitchen sink. It took us about 45 minutes of soaking and letting him slither through a wet towl to get it off, but we managed to do it and only with a couple of more stikes in the air. I dont know if the stiking ment that he was just upset because of the shedding process or what. This is the first time that he has done this. He looks soooooooo much better with his new skin. The burn marks are all but gone. His stomach is a little rough yet and has some scarring on his back but looks exceptionally better considering what he looked like before.

After putting him back into his encloser he did alot of snooping around, very active. So.....tonight I will give him a f/k mouse and see if he wants to eat. It has been at least 5 weeks since his last meal so hopefully since he is in better conditions and with a new smoother skin he will eat. Guess we will find out.

Will try to get some pictures of his new dud's tonight to show how much better he looks from the first pictures after we got him.

Thanks
    Excellent, Carl! Looking forward to seeing him in his new outfit. It's amazing how well they can pull through with TLC.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hey you could name him lucky.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast