Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,268

0 members and 3,268 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Please explain this morph?

I have some questions about my little girl RTB, Wee Nake. I got her as a pet (not as a future breeding project or anything) a few months ago when I got rid of my tortoises, and she's very handy for eating all the food my BP's don't eat (i.e. most of it). When I got her I was told she's a pastel pos jungle, but apparently she's also 100% het for something called desert t+? I have no idea what this means, so if anyone can enlighten me I'd appreciate it. I don't really know the RTB morphs, I just took her in trade for the torts because I thought she was pretty. Thanks!
    -Devon

0.1 Axanthic Bee (Pixel)
    0.2 Axanthic Pastel (Cornelia, Short Round)
    0.1 Axanthic (Bubbles)
    0.1 Bee het Axanthic (Nipper)
    0.1 Lesser (Lydia)
    0.1 het Lavender (Poppy)
    0.1 het Hypo (Cookie)
    1.0 Killerbee het Axanthic (Yellow Dude)
    1.0 Pied (Starry Starry Dude)
    1.0 Butter Hypo (Spooky Dude)
    1.0 PH Lavender (Little Dude)

Ohio but looking to relocate grrrr new laws!
    Thanks

Re: Please explain this morph?

ok sooo im new to boa morphs hopefully someone else with more understanding can help out. (you reading this Kali?) <she answers most of my post with boa questions lol> any who.... the T+ is a a type of albinoism. Tyrosinase Positive is what it stands for and its the main enzyme used to synthesize melanin. it is a recessive gene so you need two copies of it on the same allele? I think I got that right. please correct me. in short it carries 1/2 of the gene needed to make visual t+ babies. the pastel part is a line bred trait and I really dont understand how those are passed on but i believe its fairly close to how simple recessive traits are passed. I really don't know how they get pos jungle. the jungle gene is a pattern and color trait and it is co-dom so imo it is or it isnt jungle. however ive seen a lot of people saying pos jungle. so.... jmo if it doesnt have the look then it cant be sold as jungle. hope that helps and hope someone else straighten outs anything i messed up. lol like i said im new to boa morphs.
    Come see what's new with us at https://www.facebook.com/BFEPetsandSupply

Happy Herping!!!!

Thanks
    I was told that because sometimes Jungle can cause a change in color without really disrupting the pattern that she might be a Jungle that's obscured by the Pastel, or she could just be a nice pastel, don't know how accurate that is though. The t+ part you said makes sense, but I still don't know what desert is, google gave me nothing.
    -Devon

0.1 Axanthic Bee (Pixel)
    0.2 Axanthic Pastel (Cornelia, Short Round)
    0.1 Axanthic (Bubbles)
    0.1 Bee het Axanthic (Nipper)
    0.1 Lesser (Lydia)
    0.1 het Lavender (Poppy)
    0.1 het Hypo (Cookie)
    1.0 Killerbee het Axanthic (Yellow Dude)
    1.0 Pied (Starry Starry Dude)
    1.0 Butter Hypo (Spooky Dude)
    1.0 PH Lavender (Little Dude)

Thanks

Yea sorry I haven't seen or read anything on it. However my guess is that it maybe like orange hypo or butterscotch hypo balls. The original producer took a poetic license on naming his line of pastels. That's just a guess though.

Happy Herping!!!!

Thanks

ok the desert T+.... The deserts are very unique compared to other T morphs, Because they have very heavy speckling through out their whole body,Also the eyes are almost solid white. Just found that lol been driving me nuts because I didnt know and had to! lol my ocd kicking in again. ill pm you the link to a male for sale on king snake if you want so you can see what they look like.

Happy Herping!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Ok, H.o.F.R got the T+ part just right. And in my opinion, he's right about the jungle too - it either is or it isn't. However, some jungles are "low expression" and can be difficult for a lay-person to identify - and therefore they may be sold as "possibles".

However, I have never seen a desert T+ boa. The only desert boas I know of are sonoran desert boas which are a locality sub-species and not a morph. AZ Reptiles did apparently "prove out" a desert T+ years ago, but nothing has ever come of it. You certainly don't see desert T+'s at even the big expos. I've seen some amazing morphs - aztecs, incas, and even the new raptor boas which have only F1 and F2 generations available here in the states. I've never seen even one desert T+. If someone has one, please post a pic!!! I want the eye candy!

The important thing is that you like her and think she's pretty. We'd love to see a pic - I might be able to say for sure if she's truly a jungle with a pic.

And sorry it took so long for me to respond to this - I was in the hospital for 12 days with appendicitis. Still recovering and only just now up to sitting at my computer....
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Thanks

Wow glad you are ok now Kali! Wish you a speedy recovery. Someone had a desert t+ on KS a couple weeks ago. Pretty cool looking but I don't have any clue about them other than what I've read and that's not much.

Happy Herping!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BFE Pets For This Useful Post:

Evenstar (01-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H.o.F.R View Post
    Wow glad you are ok now Kali! Wish you a speedy recovery. Someone had a desert t+ on KS a couple weeks ago. Pretty cool looking but I don't have any clue about them other than what I've read and that's not much.
    Thanks! Still not fully recovered - surgery won't be until sometime around the end of January once the infection/inflamation goes down. So in the meantime, it sucks.....
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?