Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,300

3 members and 3,297 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3skulls View Post
    I want some pokies so bad!!

How are you going to set up their adult enclosures?
    I have played around with making lids for flipped tanks. I'm never happy with my skill of using the solvents and glues for plexiglass.
    I really like watching my Ts so I want nice display enclosures. I have looked at the acrylic tarantula cages at tarantulacages.com. I prefer Exo terra enclosures tho. They are very nice to look at, you can lock them, and they have great ventilation. Neither option is cheap tho.
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw007 View Post
    I started out very "iffy" about touching them at all, very creeped out. When I got my first, a tiny speck of a G. rosea, I wouldn't touch her at all, let alone handle. As she got bigger I built up my courage by touching her with the end of my hair, then petting her butt with my finger, and finally letting her walk on me. I don't really handle any of our T's for their safety but I'm not scared to anymore. I AM scared of getting bitten.

We currently have 5, a sub-adult g. rosea (rose hair,) sub-adult g. pulchripes (chaco golden knee,) p. metallica sling (Gooty sapphire,) a. versicolor sling(Antilles pinktoe,) and just bought a c. cyaneopubescens (green bottle blue) sling this weekend. I know I'll be a bit scared of the p. metallica when it's bigger as I've read their bites are no fun. I seriously want an l. parahhybana (Brazilian Salmon bird-eater.)

Edit: My versicolor DOES do backflips when I drop a roach in with it. It's adorable.
    Yea, pokies are very cool indeed. My first was a Regalis and I was recently given an Ornata sling from a friend. The Ornata has a gnarly bite and they are crazy fast. Do a YouTube search on them, they're crazy.

Metallica is my next purchase for sure. They are just amazing looking. My wife describes their look as a warrior with war paint on. Which seems fitting .

I have never tried breeding, but I know I am going to eventually. I imagine I will want to breed the metallicas, but will prolly start with versicolors first...
    Like us on FACEBOOK...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (12-17-2012)

Thanks
    Where can you find bite reports?
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 3skulls For This Useful Post:

carlson (12-17-2012)

Thanks
    Obt may not be a smart first t these bite reports lead me to believe haha question if I'm allergic to wasps will I be allergic to Ts? I keep seeing feels like wasp stings on some but for me wasp stings lead to anaphylaxis shock gotta use an epi pen
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carlson View Post
    Obt may not be a smart first t these bite reports lead me to believe haha question if I'm allergic to wasps will I be allergic to Ts? I keep seeing feels like wasp stings on some but for me wasp stings lead to anaphylaxis shock gotta use an epi pen
    I have been told that if you are allergic to bees that T bites and Rear Fanged Snake species may do more damage. Not sure if there is a difference between wasp stings and bee stings. Maybe someone with more experience has a definite answer?
    Like us on FACEBOOK...

Thanks
    Never been stung by a bee wasps three times tho last time got hit under the eye it was terrible swollen fast and hurt couldn't see for a week out of it had to goto Er cuz it was first time the reaction got to point I had problems breathing and my face was really puffy I looked 300 lbs and I weight 160
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts
    I have read studies where they talk about T venoms have different size proteins than bees. and blah blah blah it's doest mean if you are allergic to bees than you will be allergic to Ts.

Would I be the test subject? Haha NO!!

I love the ones where you throw up for a few days, can't move yours hands, one talked about tunnel vision for a couple of days. :p

But they are just so cool. I really hope I never get tagged.

Thanks
    We do not handle any of our T's. I have to tried a couple times to try and get over my fear, but it doesn't work. None of our T's are considered dangerous (0.2 G. rosea, 0.2 A. avicularia, 0.1 A. versicolor, 0.0.1 B. boehmi and 0.0.1 B. vagans), but I still have great respect for them regardless. I have been bitten by one of our 3-4" A. avicularia females. I was moving her to a clean tub and she decided to teleport to my hand and up my arm. At first I didn't even know she bit me, but she got me twice on my middle finger. The effects were minimal, just a little itching, so it may have been a dry bite, but it still scared the heck out of me. You would be amazed how quickly my 200lb body is capable of moving given the proper motivation. I am sure I had a few select words to say during all this as well. I have also had our A. versicolor throw up a threat display countless times at us. She is lucky she is pretty because she is a real grinch. Now we have this new B. vagans that is also psychotic. Yup, I will just enjoy watching them on the other side of their tubs and dread the days when I have to clean and maintain them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AK907 For This Useful Post:

3skulls (12-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts
    Haha, sorry but I had to laugh at that one.
    When I got my H. lividum home, I was transferring her. Well she ran out and onto the blind side of the container in my hand. I thought she was going for my finger, I jumped and dropped it. I'm glad she didn't get me and I didn't hurt her.
    She gave me that energy like after you get shocked by an outlet.

Oh and she/it is very tiny :o

My bigger OBT shot out of it's enclosure and jumped into an empty tub i had under it (just in case). I could hear it's little feet while it was going around and around the tub. My heart was beating that night too. :p

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast