Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,324

2 members and 3,322 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    You can feed them roaches which are a million times better than crickets. My friend breeds dubia for his leos. Theyre cool, about as cool as a feeder insect can get lol. Simple_Man breeds his own dubias, he has posted vids of his setup. Its really simple and they breed a lot. You may even be able to feed the anoles roaches too.
    Yeeaahh, not to hip on the roaches either. We looked into them when we had the leos. Not so sure I want roaches in my house. Feeder insects are gross. I really don't like the worms. Geebes me out the way they curl around your finger when you grab them. I used to make my daughter feed the leos.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Here it is, finally found it lol:
    http://youtu.be/10NHZe4O7Oo
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (12-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    Yeeaahh, not to hip on the roaches either. We looked into them when we had the leos. Not so sure I want roaches in my house. Feeder insects are gross. I really don't like the worms. Geebes me out the way they curl around your finger when you grab them. I used to make my daughter feed the leos.

Dont be a baby! Haha
    I think ill probably try my hand at T's someday. My stepdad and brother are deathly afraid of spiders though so i cant have any right now. They'd be outside building a barn to get some horses to torture me with or something lol.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Here it is, finally found it lol:
    http://youtu.be/10NHZe4O7Oo
    EW. Nope, I'm good without those.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    Nah, don't they eat crickets? I'm done with lizards and cricket eating things. Hubby has his anoles and they are a pain. And honestly I have zero interest in spiders, other than I have seen a few T's that look cool.

Go look up A. versicolor :p

You can feed them meal worms off of tongs. They don't eat as often as Leos. And they are fun to watch grow up and change into their adult colors. Each molt it looks like a different spider.

Thanks
    They'd be outside building a barn to get some horses to torture me with or something lol.

Lmfao ^^.

My daughter is scared of spiders too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts
    I'm not scared but I give them a ton of respect.
    It would be a lie if I said they don't get my heart pumping when I transfer them.
    When I gave my bigger P. irminia her new home. She grabbed the straw and was pulling it with some force. She can also be on her hide then up your arm before you would even know it.
    I have had 2 OBTs bolt out on me too. Very fast!!

The one that might worry me the most as it gets bigger is my H. lividum. The bite reports are nuts and they say it will stick you 3-4 times before you know what it's doing.

I have been known to be a little sweaty after a transfer :p

For those that are looking into get a T, make sure you read bite reports and understand what hair kicking is first

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3skulls View Post
    I'm not scared but I give them a ton of respect.
    It would be a lie if I said they don't get my heart pumping when I transfer them.
    When I gave my bigger P. irminia her new home. She grabbed the straw and was pulling it with some force. She can also be on her hide then up your arm before you would even know it.
    I have had 2 OBTs bolt out on me too. Very fast!!

The one that might worry me the most as it gets bigger is my H. lividum. The bite reports are nuts and they say it will stick you 3-4 times before you know what it's doing.

I have been known to be a little sweaty after a transfer :p

For those that are looking into get a T, make sure you read bite reports and understand what hair kicking is first
    For sure! I can only imagine how much adrenaline is going to be pumping transferring my P. Ornata when she's 10" hahaha.

The fast movers are the coolest to watch! But are the ones I am most careful with (obviously). I swear my pokies have done backflips off the side of their enclosures to ambush prey! It's the coolest thing I have ever seen
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie For This Useful Post:

3skulls (12-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts
    I want some pokies so bad!!

How are you going to set up their adult enclosures?
    I have played around with making lids for flipped tanks. I'm never happy with my skill of using the solvents and glues for plexiglass.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts

Re: Do your Ts scare you??

I started out very "iffy" about touching them at all, very creeped out. When I got my first, a tiny speck of a G. rosea, I wouldn't touch her at all, let alone handle. As she got bigger I built up my courage by touching her with the end of my hair, then petting her butt with my finger, and finally letting her walk on me. I don't really handle any of our T's for their safety but I'm not scared to anymore. I AM scared of getting bitten.

We currently have 5, a sub-adult g. rosea (rose hair,) sub-adult g. pulchripes (chaco golden knee,) p. metallica sling (Gooty sapphire,) a. versicolor sling(Antilles pinktoe,) and just bought a c. cyaneopubescens (green bottle blue) sling this weekend. I know I'll be a bit scared of the p. metallica when it's bigger as I've read their bites are no fun. I seriously want an l. parahhybana (Brazilian Salmon bird-eater.)

Edit: My versicolor DOES do backflips when I drop a roach in with it. It's adorable.
    Last edited by Coleslaw007; 12-17-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast