Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,258

0 members and 3,258 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you

Banned
    Thanks
    Intend to become breeders, ball pythons or any other species.

I actually intend to be breeding mine when the females hit the right size, 1500+ grams. I might also buy one or two more females, because Runt just might be male

Thats about as fr as it'll ever go for me though. Small time normal breeder who breeds for fun, no profit. I honestly don't ever see myself breeding morphs or anything serious. Maybe a few clutches every season, ect. As far as anything else... I might breed corn snakes, just because it's so easy, maybe leopard geckos some time. Nothing bigger, anything else takes too much space and time.

So, what about everyone else? I know Randy plans on breeding his 8 (?), he also has 2 het pieds and a het albino from Randy Remington.

What are all your plans? Hobbyist or breeder?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Sorta along the same lines as you Godfather, I plan on breeding Sumatran STP,s just for the fun of getting more involved in the hobby. Im hoping to get a female towards the end of the year. Itll give me a few "snake years" of caring for them before they are ready to breed.

Thanks
    Smulkin and I plan on breeding eventually. The one BP pair we have, which I think are both het albino (I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong), are still about 3 years away from being breeding size, though. One of our males is probably 1 1/2 to 2 years from being breeding size, and I think Smulkin has ordered a larger or comparably-sized female. We have a ways to go yet before we're ready, but we definitely want to do it, first with the ball pythons, and then, if we're successful, with our other species as well.

Thanks
    Well I hope to be able to be well known in the herp world some day. I like many different reptiles. Currently I am breeding:
    Corns - several different colors/patterns
    Sambava Panther Chams
    Albino leopard geckos
    Bearded Dragons
    Crested Geckos
    BP's-
    Normals
    Het pied
    Albinos
    Het Albino
    I also have Yellow Ackies, and Nosey Be Panther Chams that will be breedable next year.
    My problem is I am not sure if I should stay involved with so many different reptiles or If I should focus on the Chams, and the BP's. Money is an issue but I really love all my reptiles and enjoy breeding all of them. But considering time and space vs. income potential i know the best bet is the BP's and the Chams. I have decided to sell off my collection of 12 Bearded dragons after this breeding season and purchase a small group of Red or Citrus Dragons. That will help with space and time.
    I AM SO CONFUSED.. Not sure what to do.
    Hockeymom

Thanks
    I actually breed some amphibians (african clawed frogs, wood frogs) and fancy goldfish (lionheads and telescopeys.) I breed feeder rats too. I had a gravid garter snake who laid eggs, but she was pregnant when I got her, so I am not sure if that counts.
    I really want to get into breeding Balls. My female is only a baby yet, at barely 2 feet long, but I am patiently waiting for her to be a big mama-size. My two males are mature now, and I actually am looking into several places where I could buy a female who'd be ready to breed next season.
    I would LOVE to get into morphs, but I am not financially able to buy anything expensive in that department right now. Once I hopefully breed these normals I have, I may consider buying some hets for albino and trying for an albino of my own.
    I may also breed my bci to my boyfriend's cousin's once his gets larger. It is suspected to be female.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My plans are many years down the road, after hubby retires from the AF and we move into a permanent home. My dream, when that time comes, is to work toward being a somewhat large-scale breeder. Not on the lines of NERD, but as large as a one or two person outfit can be...and as Hockeymom mentioned, well known and trusted in the hobby. There are several bp morphs I want to work with someday and they will be my primary focus, but I'm sure there are some other animals that I'll be in love with by then as well and will enjoy breeding and offering to the discriminating herper.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I breed humans in my basement, A higher grade quality human then anyone has ever seen. I wonder how much they are worth..lol

We aren't big on breeding. The animals that we are interested in breeding, would be "true bloodlines" from animals that are still being wild caught in huge numbers. Such as Russian Tortoises. Beautiful species, but damned if you can find one that wasn't wild caught! We have a few others up our sleeves but we will just have to wait and see what happens.
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

Thanks
    I do intend to breed, but on a fairly small scale so that I can keep it a family operation and still give the animals the attention and care they deserve. I would like to make a profit, but I'd like to do it through quality rather than quantity.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Right now hobbyist but future plans may say different i wanna breed BP's and Carpets.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

Thanks
    I'm going to start off with ball pythons and then some other species for fun and if i make enough money off that i will go further all the money made from breeding will go directly back into my snakes and other breeding projects and basically pay for itself if it gets big enough to pay my bills so be it if it doesn't it's fun anyways.
    There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it.
    1.1 Ball Pythons (Schurke & Sage)
    0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula (Artemis)
    0.1 Blood Python (Clover)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast