Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,088

0 members and 3,088 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 689 Posts

Re: So..does BP.net count as social networking?

Quote Originally Posted by sorraia View Post
    Add to that the elf on a shelf contest that has become rather inappropriate! That's where I learned about this (was posted on a blog i follow).
    Thankfully I don't know about the contest. Yay! I assume it's something to do with putting the elves in inappropriate positions etc (I saw the cookie picture)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoseyReps View Post
    Thankfully I don't know about the contest. Yay! I assume it's something to do with putting the elves in inappropriate positions etc (I saw the cookie picture)
    yeah.... Some of the pictures were actually kind of funny, but others were just... O.o
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

BPnet Veteran KatStoverReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    Nope, you're not alone. I have no idea what an Elf on a shelf is.

Yes, my phone is logged into tapatalk 24/7. I get on first thing in the morning with my coffee. While my house sleeps, I bp.net...

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Elf on the shelf looks creepy as heck. With his clown-like smiling face...*shudders* Unless the jerk does housework or cooks, he needs to get the heck out. Making messes for mom to clean up, teeheehee...I don't THINK so!

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiR View Post
    I did NOT see that coming! I just knew you were going to be the one to end the Elf mystery. What about Pinterest? Can you tell me about that? It looks like you click through pictures of sweaters and candles all day long and then post what you like all over Facebook. You know, in case one of your friends you haven't seen since high-school want to buy you a Cartier watch and isn't sure what your style is.
    Now I have to admit I'm pretty in love with Pinterest. I aspire to be crafty, though. And it's really good for recipes. But yes, mostly it's stuff I can't afford and clothes I don't fit into.

I'm pretty sporadic on bp.net. It's difficult when there's nothing new to report on the home front. Snakes are pairing (regularly), eating (mostly), crapping (all the dang time), and shedding (does it seem like it's the whole collection at once? or is it just me?). I haven't even found the time to take updated pics in my lightbox. I have loads of time at work today (obviously), but the snakes nor the lightbox nor the camera are anywhere close. I like facebook for keeping up with family and friends, but like most of you, the majority of my friends aren't interested in pics of my snakes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 501 Posts

Ha ha! I had to Google the inappropriate contest you mentioned. It made me laugh, as most inappropriate things do. I wonder if the winner will give the ipad to one of their kids for Christmas?

"You take good care of that. I had to pose the elf with our dead dog and burn the shed down to get that for you!"
    Adversity does not build character, it reveals it

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiR View Post
    Ha ha! I had to Google the inappropriate contest you mentioned. It made me laugh, as most inappropriate things do. I wonder if the winner will give the ipad to one of their kids for Christmas?

"You take good care of that. I had to pose the elf with our dead dog and burn the shed down to get that for you!"
    LOL
    I can't help but to wonder what was going through some people's minds as they came up with their photos... (or story plots, as some of them became!)

A friend of mine posted her "elf on a shelf" photo to Facebook. He was fishing goldfish out of the toilet.... lol
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sorraia View Post
    LOL
    I can't help but to wonder what was going through some people's minds as they came up with their photos... (or story plots, as some of them became!)

A friend of mine posted her "elf on a shelf" photo to Facebook. He was fishing goldfish out of the toilet.... lol
    It might be funny now. Wait until PETA catches wind of it!
    Adversity does not build character, it reveals it

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreaker View Post
    I may be one of the only 21 year olds who don't have one.
    i'm 23 and don't have one. lol deleted mine about a year ago and said i'd never open one again unless it was for business purposes. i dropped out of college for a couple years and this was my first semester back. i've noticed when i meet new people and tell them i don't have a Facebook, some people are legitimately shocked. lol i'm not bashing FB or anything, but i think it's somewhat sad the majority of society EXPECTS you to have an internet log of your life and if you don't you're "creepy" or cannot be trusted. i think logging your life on the internet is creepy, but who am i? lol i've met some cute girls in school that thought i was sketchy for no other reason than the fact that i didn't have one. this doesn't bother me that much, as i don't like to surround myself with prejudice people anyways. One thing that did surprise me, though, was when this girl told me that her work tries to check people's facebooks before they hire them on, and if they can't find one they don't even consider hiring them.

even my mother, who divorced a couple years ago and started dating some guy she met off a dating site, said she felt she could trust him more because he had a Facebook. could nobody trust anyone before Facebook?? lol i guess i'm going to have to eventually make myself a new one just so i seem "trustworthy" in the business world, but i don't like how it's taking over EVERYTHING. lol

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 615 Posts
    while i do consider this site a type of social networking site, because it's a great way to network out to people in the same hobby, it's nowhere near the "life log" that Facebook is. that's kind of what i'm against.. or rather choose not to be a part of.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 689 Posts
    I remember growing up and in my teens it was OMG Never put your information on the evil interwebs! People will stalk you and kill you! Murdiddlyerderers!

Now it's like "Put everything on the interwebz, or you're weird. Why don't you update more? Why don't you plaster your daily schedule / food everywhere?! What is wrong with you?! FREAK!

Now, I'm not saying that everyone is going to be all evil because your info is on the webs...but seriously, how did we go from NEVER meet someone you met online! To OMG liek liek liek dating sites ermegherd french model! Interwebz never lie!

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    I completely agree about the creepiness of facebook! I do have one, but I hardly put anything on it, and what I do put on I have so many privacy settings on it that hardly anyone can view it. People who are not friends with my facebook profile can see NOTHING on my profile. "Friends" who I have not personally met can only see a very few select things (such as a few random photos, like some cows I took pictures of...). And then my other "levels" of friends see only what I allow to be seen. The things I post as status updates or share are rarely "personal" pieces of my life (one exception being my rants and complaints through my ordeal of living next to a drug dealer....), generally just randomness no one cares about. Mostly I use it to keep up with other people I don't see often, or stock people I don't know. (not really lol)

I find it creepy that people do post so much to Facebook. I just can't believe it. Your fully name, full date of birth, birth city, current residence, email address, and home phone number? Honestly?! And then posting everything you do throughout the day WITH a location tag?! Yikes!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast