Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,350

2 members and 3,348 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Work out supplements!

So this kind of goes off of my thread about working out, which is a few months old, and I've gotten results, better at the gym and such. I was just wondering, what kind of supplements should I use? One of my friends uses supplements such as, Jack3d, Opti-men, Beast Creature, Pro Complex, C4 Extreme, build-HD, GO, etc., and I was wondering if I should start using some of those. I currently just use GNC Whey Protein, but I'd like to see more gain and such. If you could, recommend me some! Also, would it be safe to take different kinds of pre-workouts at the same time? For instance, Jack3d, Opti-men, and then Whey Protein afterwards? Or would it not be safe? Thanks!

Thanks
    Bodybuilding.com is great for stack lists. I use C4 or Jack3d, Hydro Whey and cheap creatine on occasions overall the best way to gain and get real results is food. Allot of the products out there are gimmicks and expensive.
    Lizards
    1.0 Ornate Uromastyx "Reptar"

Thanks
    I don't know a whole lot on most of those that you listed. However, Jack3d is typically for cardio-energy bursts whereas C4 is for strength-energy bursts (if that makes sense). For example, you're better off using Jack3d for a run/cycle/anything cardio and C4 for increasing ability to lift (and putting on more muscle as a result).

Any type of protein supplement is great - a lot of pre-workout and post-workout things. Whatever you chose, consider how fast the protein release is in your supplement. Quick-release protein combined with carbs for energy replacement is best right before or right after a workout, whereas slow-release protein is better to take at night/as a meal/etc.

Take a vitamin too, daily depending on how much you plan to work out.

I can't help with much else, I'm a chick and definitely don't workout to bulk up.

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts
    Most of your over the counter stufd is junk and full of false advertising. Keep in mind also that what works for 10 other ppl may not work for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 625 Posts
    My brothers are competitive powerlifters and they seem to swear by protein powder in the morning and 20 timbits before/during lifting .

(For non-Canadians, timbits=donut holes)
    Last edited by liv; 12-09-2012 at 11:10 PM.

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think to start off, a solid multivitamin, maybe some BCAA's and glutamine, a protein and maybe creatine. But before you get into all the other crazy supplements, I think yo should perfect your diet and training regime. I'm not saying you haven't already but you'd be surprised what a small change in diet can do.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks guys! And I forgot to mention, my family is vegetarian so I can't get the amount of protein that some people get on a daily basis among other vitamins. Also, would anyone know if supplements are okay to use while going into the military?

Thanks
    If you're trying to put on size, the best thing you could do (other than eating appropriately) is move from a straight whey to some type of protein blend that has not only whey, but different types of casein. Whey is a quick digesting protein that is lower in calories. If you're trying to put on any type of mass, quality calories are your friend. If you're having trouble gain weight, try a weight gainer and eat, eat and eat some more. A creatine supplement could be helpful too. Either regular creatine monohydrate or a mix like Cell Tech.
    As for supplements and the military, stay away from the original Jack3d formula. I'm pretty sure that the stimulant used in that (geranium root, aka 1,3 dimethylamyaline) is military banned. The C4 would be a better alternative as they pulled that ingredient out a while back. Also, Jack3d Micro would be fine.
    FYI I am a store manager for a supplement store. I'd be happy to answer any other questions. I don't know everything but I've been in the industry a while.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Whey after workouts, casein before bed, creatine (5 grams per day). That is all you need paired with a healthy diet and two a days as often as you can. Cardio in the a.m., weights in the afternoon evenings.
    Bruce
    Top Shelf Herps
    1.0 Pastel (Gypsos)
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Pinstripe (B-Dub)
    1.0 Sable het Hypo (Flat Top)
    1.0 Lesser Platinum (Sean2)
    1.1 Lemonback (Einstein.Elsa)
    0.1 Pied (unnamed)
    0.1 Pinstripe het Hypo (Chopper)
    0.1 het VPI Axanthic (Vanilla)
    0.1 Spider 50% het VPI Axanthic (Serine)
    0.1 Hypo (Bella)
    0.1 het Hypo (Hooker)
    0.1 Cinnamon (Nutmeg)
    0.1 Normal (Jane)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gsarchie View Post
    Whey after workouts, casein before bed, creatine (5 grams per day). That is all you need paired with a healthy diet and two a days as often as you can. Cardio in the a.m., weights in the afternoon evenings.
    This.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast