Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,357

2 members and 3,355 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noises...

Thanks
    I have noticed Jazzy breathing when I'm handling her. It's not usually very loud, usually I can only hear it when she is right by my ear. I would get her to a vet, it certainly wouldn't hurt her to get some meds in her, especially since she is not healthy in general. Just what you wanted to hear, eh? Something else to add to your list before you ship out!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    Hi, I have a couple BCIs myself, and what your snake is experiencing could be associated with the common cold, or Pneumonia yes, snakes get colds and Pneumonia too! I'm not sure without seeing it, but with sounds lasting that long, it's DEFFINATELY in the realm of possiblility. What you'll nead to do first of all, is check it's mouth, see if it is blowing bubbles, or if there is any mucous descretions in it's mouth, also, keep your ear out for a "caughing" sound. If it is showing any of these symptoms, raise the cage temperatur on the hot end to about 95 degrees, (about 82-84 on the cooler side). Make sure it's cage is clean, and it would also be good to treat it with antibiotics. I'm no Veterinarian, so I can't prescribe you anything, but recently my boa came up with a cold and I treated it (along with cage warming) with an antibiotic (commonly used to cure aquarium fish of some diseases) called Tetracycline. I emptied the capsule (an orange-yellow capsule easily obtainable through pet shops) into a gallon of water, the mixter was than shaken up, and pourd into the snakes water bowl, the rest of the water in the gallon container was placed into the refrigerator so that the antibiotic didn't lose it's potency. Replace the water with new water every day to make sure the antibiotics are "fresh" and you should begin to see results (if indeed your snake is sick) within a few days. Discontinue use when snake is back to full health.
    This is a simple method a good snake friend of mine uses if hi's snakes get sick, he owns probably over 300 snakes so whatever he can do to prevent taken them to the vet and getting his wallet drained is helpfull to him. Again, I am no vet, so I am just plainly stating what I do. Hope that helps a bit. Whatever happends, if it is sick, try to identify it's illness as soon as possible. My ignorance (when I first started) on snake illnesses is what caused my first snake I ever had, Kaa, a beautifull BCI to expire from Pneumonia complications.

Anyway, hope everything turns out for the better!

For those about to keep reptiles, I salute you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12