Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,080

2 members and 3,078 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: !!!!And here they are!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Balls&burms_DEA View Post
    Vince Russo has the best information with localities and morphs.
    Well IMO the best. Plus all my boas are from him.
    I'm not tryin to come across as a snob. Or know it all. But I love Surinamese and I live Guyanas.My 2 fav lines of boas. Honestly love all true redtails. (Which array though BCC only). And were talkin the 3rd largest lines of boas. 2 being BCO and 1 being anacondas.

By all means there beautiful. I love Bolivians. Second fav locality. Because there thin saddles and smaller tail. And overall smaller size.
    Meet keep posted on your sunglow project. See if I acually proves out. If not worst can happen is half hypos poss het for albino. Then you for sure have the ingredients lol
    Do you have sites that I can go to or contact info please
    Dark Lady Kat
    0.2 Normal Ball Python (Nyx, and Eirene)
    1.1 BCA unknown locality (Osiris, Isis )
    0.1 Boa ( Nephthys )
    0.1 Leopard Gecko (Ms. President or Ms. P)
    0.2 Cats ( Raven, Snuggles )
    0.3 Dogs (Trinity, Athena, Lexi)

Thanks
    Cuttingedgeherps.com is Vince Russo.
    And riobravoreptiles.com is Gus.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts

Re: !!!!And here they are!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lady Kat View Post
    Can you or one of the other describe to me how the scales are counted and thank you very much with so much info floating on the web it is easy for a novice in trying to determine locality and sub species to get very confused with the good and bad information. Which is why I ask so many questions as many of you here are more experienced and can better determine if the information on a site is reliable or not.

I will also have to look into with in the next year or two getting an albino BCI I would love to prove out the albino gene as albino boa and pythons are one of my favorites it is just something about them that is mystifying to me. I will also be sure to post when my friend gets me the papers and info on all three as to what they say.

Now another question and I am sorry if I am asking to many but if I do decide to breed them I want to be able to provide the most accurate information to the buyer of the babies.
    What should I look for in the papers he has on them to determine authenticity I guess would be the best word choice? And Would me contacting the original seller of them to ask questions be considered bad rapport?

Thank you all for being so patient and informative.
    For more information on how to do scale counts, pick up the book, "The Complete Boa Constrictor" by Vin Russo. If you're going to work with boas at all, this book is invaluable - it'll be your bible. It's expensive, but I can't tell you how worth it it is.

Counting the scales involves taking a shed and cutting it lengthwise. There are pictures in the book on how to do this and it is best left to that explanation.

Papers are only as good as the person who wrote them. Your best garauntee is to buy from a good breeder with a well-known and stellar reputation and history.

I personally don't think that inquiring of the original breeder is a bad idea, but be aware that anyone can say whatever they want. Again, reputation is key. But by contacting him/her, you can look for discrepancies in what you're told and what you've already been told and what's on whatever "papers" you have.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345