Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,278

1 members and 3,277 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    She loved me so much, she kissed me!!!!!

I went to a local rep. shop today, and wanted to handle the baby albino burm. She was REALLY defensive, and gave me plenty of warning before she finally tagged me. She let go after about five minutes, and a dip in a goldfish tank. She even left me a souveneir in my wrist. I pulled out a tiny tooth! It's so small, I don't even know if my camera would focus on it, so I haven't tried to take a pic of it.

Moral of the story......

I'll be getting a burm.......soon.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    LOL! LOVE your topic title!

How big was the baby? You plan on buying her in particular? Or just any ol' burm now that you've been bit by the love bug???
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I was planning on getting her, but after talking it over with the wife, we decided a male would better suit us. The wife likes normals, I like albinos, so I don't know which we will get yet. There is one of each up for adoption at the local herp rescue, but they are both adults. I like to raise mine from babies.
    I'll go back to that store tomorrow morning and see what they will do for me with ordering a male.....if not, I'll do a rescue.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I would definitely want to raise my burm from a baby....most especially if its my first giant snake. Albino or not. I lean toward normals, myself...but fell totally in love with this sweet 7' albino/labyrinth female at a herp show a few months ago. Wished like crazy I could have brought her home!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And keep in mind that Rusty has a SEVENTEEN foot male!!! Being male is no guarantee that it'll stay smaller! LOL!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Sssssshhhhhhh!!!!!
    My wife might hear you!
    Randy

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    LOL! Randy...you naughty boy!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Moral of the story......

I'll be getting a burm.......soon
    LOL I love that rationale.
    Did it hurt much when she bit you? I have been bitten by garters and bps before, but nothing ever that big.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    Randy, I think that's the sweetest story I ever heard.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive
    Did it hurt much when she bit you? I have been bitten by garters and bps before, but nothing ever that big.
    If you have ever fell down in a sticker patch, that was pretty much what it felt like.....except when she was trying to disengage, and was tearing the skin. That hurt a little bit more. Her head was a little bit bigger than my largest female BP's head, so the bite was probably comparable to an adult bp bite.
    I figure it was a small price to pay for the results it produced. My wife let me order a normal male this morning. Hopefully it will only take them a couple weeks to get it.
    I'll be sure and let you know when he arrives!
    Randy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast