Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,237

0 members and 3,237 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well I got nailed for the first time last night, I woke ol Pliss up to handle him, touched his side as usual to let him know I was there,lifted him up,but when I reached my other hand towards him to support the back half of his body, the %$#@& bit me! Man I wanted to beat him with a rolled up newspaper, but instead I just continued to follow through with some gentle handling. I think when I reached in with my second hand I went to close too his face and hes realy head shy so, my bad.

Thanks

PLISSKEN HOW COULD YOU?!?!!

my snake is really head shy but would never bite me.... i think..... i still dont trust my snake too close to my face just incase..... but i can touch its face and stuff and he wont bite......

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good thing you followed through with the handling. Don't want him to start thinking that biting = getting left alone. How bad was the bite? I think it's a good lesson for all of us, because I've seen many people write things like "I'm SURE my snake would never bite me because he's so easy going...." and I know I sometimes feel overconfident with Caesar for the same reason.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I'm sure you were a little offended by it, but now you're a veteran and it sounds like you handled it really well. Good call on not using that newspaper.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    I got snapped at the other day as well. I was feeding my bp and I placed her in the large shoebox that she eats in, which now reeks of mouse smell. She knows its food time as soon as she hits the floor. I was about 5 feet away, and she just must have been smelling mice and seeing movement, and she just snapped at the empty air in between us. It startled me for just a split second, I thought it was kind of funny and was happy that my hand wasn't close to the box. End of story, placed the mouse in the box, and she took her usual .00068 seconds to strike at it.
    -Brad

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I think Ive been actualy not handling Plissken enough, due to the fact that I wanted him to eat, Ive left him undisturbed for bout 10 days,and prior to that handling was very infrequent. That coupled with the fact of his head shyness must have scared the hell out of him. The bite by the way left a tiny dot on my finger bout half this size (.) the wierd thing is for such a tiny pin prick it bled alot. If it happens again hes getting the newspaper

Seriously though, was this odd for mt BP to bite me? I expected my Black Blood to bite maybe but not my BP. Everyone seems to say they never bite, it kinda makes me feel like Ive failed or missed something along the way.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

vet trip

Wow Jojo has never tagged me. He is not head shy, infact he likes to be rubed under his chin and rubbed on the top of his head. LOL. Spoiled Brat.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Thanks
    Hey Beaglegod
    You've done nothin' wrong at all sometimes snakes bite no matter the kind of snake they all bite some just more than others i've been tagged 2-3 times by my BP just on the hands nothin' big LOL however my 4.5-5ft Red Tail BCI she's sly shes gotten me right smack on the lips 3 times none and let me tell you its a mess blood everywhere LOL but it doesn't hurt and its a good laugh afterwards. As for you not holding him for 10days i've gone like a month without holding my BP and BCI and they were fine with handling. I also tend to work them in cause i have kids that like to see them so i don't harrass them but i grab there tails and pet the tails and i touch they're chins just so they know that if it happens they're not as threatened by it. Better i take the bites then the kids right. Anyways that could be something you work on with your snake. All the luck to ya and don't be upset with yourself if ya get bit happens all the time.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

Thanks
    Yeah Beagle man - BPs are shy overall (hence the long hours of "hide time") I haven't been struck at or bitten yet but I wouldn't be shocked if it were to happen I have only held him twice since 3/17 because I'm hoping to get him eating on a good schedule. No fault of yours man head shyness is a mutha. Be glad he's striking at something probably means he's gonna be a good eater
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    I hold my girl all the time I can tell you she would never tag me and you can put the queens seal on that!
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast