Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,178

1 members and 3,177 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

View Poll Results: Is this a Pastel?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely a Pastel

1 1.49%
  • Might be a Pastel, not sure

4 5.97%
  • Lighter-colored Normal

62 92.54%
  • Other (please comment!)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Not a pastel for sure but she is really pretty. I would throw a lesser or butter to her for sure. atleast you learned your lesson early and fairly cheap so hopefully next time a trade comes up you will come on here or a forum similar and ask the community first.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sflanick For This Useful Post:

Dember (11-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    She's one of the the cleanest normals I've ever seen.
    I prefer her over the actual second pastel you posted. The first pastel is good. The second is too dirty looking for my opinion. And $80 for a male is reasonable. When looking at pastels you want to look for one with bright yellows and a really light(blushed) head. The more orange they have as babies, the browner they will be as adults. Pastels can have the same pattern as normals. They're a color mutation, not a pattern.

When breeding, you want to breed the best quality examples of the morphs in order to get good quality babies. A dirty pastel will most likely have dirty babies. That Normal is extremely bright, clean, and reduced patterned. With the right male will produce amazing hatchlings.

All in all, she's a keeper to me.

Are you in the Sac area? I can help sex your snake for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by satomi325; 11-24-2012 at 12:29 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to satomi325 For This Useful Post:

Dember (11-24-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Not a pastel. But a nice normal i would still breeder her.
    Tom

Ball Pythons
    Females: Poss. het albino (Angel),Albino (Corona),Pastel Lesser (Lila),Pinstripe Het Albino (Sandy), Pastel Pied (Pandora),
    Males: Black Pastel Het Albino (Diablo),Piebald (Atlas),Killerbee (King)

Morelia
    0.1 Jungle carpet python (Sage)
    0.0.1 Green tree python (Unknown)

Misc.
    0.1 Snow Corn (Roxy)
    0.1 Bearded dragon (Coral-Blood X Red/Citrus)
    1.0 Diamond Back Terrapin(Crush)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 1nstinct For This Useful Post:

Dember (11-24-2012)

Thanks
    You know, she'd probably be a good candidate for a High Contrast Albino project if she holds her colour well in the long run.
    Sorry that this one turned out to be a bust but finding a good animal to make up for it should be too difficult!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterKyte For This Useful Post:

Dember (11-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

Re: Is this a Pastel?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterKyte View Post
    You know, she'd probably be a good candidate for a High Contrast Albino project if she holds her colour well in the long run.
    Sorry that this one turned out to be a bust but finding a good animal to make up for it should be too difficult!
    Bright snakes make low contrast albino's, dark snake make high contrast.
    Think albino black pastels, as high contrast as you can get because it comes from a very dark snake

OP, that male pastel is not something you'll want for a breeder.
    The "female" you got is a very nice looking female if it's a female but if you can I'd take her back and make them give you you're pos het pied girl back
    Jerry Robertson

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snakesRkewl For This Useful Post:

decensored (11-24-2012),Dember (11-24-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    She's one of the the cleanest normals I've ever seen.
    I prefer her over the actual second pastel you posted. The first pastel is good. The second is too dirty looking for my opinion. And $80 for a male is reasonable. When looking at pastels you want to look for one with bright yellows and a really light(blushed) head. The more orange they have as babies, the browner they will be as adults. Pastels can have the same pattern as normals. They're a color mutation, not a pattern.

When breeding, you want to breed the best quality examples of the morphs in order to get good quality babies. A dirty pastel will most likely have dirty babies. That Normal is extremely bright, clean, and reduced patterned. With the right male will produce amazing hatchlings.

All in all, she's a keeper to me.

Are you in the Sac area? I can help sex your snake for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wow, would you really? ;u; Yeah, I live out near Cache Creek, about thirty minutes to an hour from Sacramento, we go there about once a month or so. I could give you my number if you'd like?

Also, what do you mean by "dirty looking"? I keep hearing tons of fancy terms, but I have no idea how to distinguish these traits for myself. "Alien heads"? "Blushing"?.. @_@

Do you know of anyone who would be good to buy from? I only know of two breeders around here; Mike in Woodland and Tim in Elk Grove.

Thanks so much everyone. There's no way I'd be able to afford fancy morphs like albinos or anything, but if anyone has any pastels, spiders, or female 100% het pieds in the sacramento area, I'd probably be very interested.

Thanks

lol i used to live by u and would drive to jackson all the time. Im in arizona now or i would offer to help out. Good luck and as everyone stated i would say its a normal and a nice one as well.
    "You can derelict my balls, capi-tan." -zoolander
    lots o ball pythons!
    www.holdfastreptiles.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to irishanaconda For This Useful Post:

Dember (11-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dember View Post
    Wow, would you really? ;u; Yeah, I live out near Cache Creek, about thirty minutes to an hour from Sacramento, we go there about once a month or so. I could give you my number if you'd like?

Also, what do you mean by "dirty looking"? I keep hearing tons of fancy terms, but I have no idea how to distinguish these traits for myself. "Alien heads"? "Blushing"?.. @_@

Do you know of anyone who would be good to buy from? I only know of two breeders around here; Mike in Woodland and Tim in Elk Grove.

Thanks so much everyone. There's no way I'd be able to afford fancy morphs like albinos or anything, but if anyone has any pastels, spiders, or female 100% het pieds in the sacramento area, I'd probably be very interested.
    Check these guides out
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...-makes-a-morph
    they will help you with some (not all) of the terminology. Dirty is usually referring to speckling (brown flecks) inside the yellow pattern area. Or, like with bee's when they are mostly pale/yellow, dirty are brown flecks all over. It looks like they rolled around in dirt

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseyReps For This Useful Post:

Dember (11-24-2012),rabernet (11-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dember View Post

Yeah. That would be nice. You can PM me. I'm in the Dixon,Davis,Woodland area.
    And I can recommend a few breeders to you. They're not on BP.net though. And this year is my first season breeding, so I'm hoping for some babies soon too. If we meet in person, I can point out the traits you listed above on a snake.
    Last edited by satomi325; 11-28-2012 at 05:48 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to satomi325 For This Useful Post:

Dember (11-28-2012)

Thanks
    This is a Pastel

Sorry i just had to show my little guy off

Follow my Instagram page @Noa_Morphs

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert093090 For This Useful Post:

Dember (11-28-2012)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast