Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,467

1 members and 2,466 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

new pics of my black blood after first shed

well here he is after his first shed well first since i have had him he is about four months old. he shed complete and is starting to put on a little weight im hoping i can get him started on a regular feeding schedule now. i have two questions 1. how often do bloods shed and two what is a good recommended schedule for feeding do they do the average 5-7 day schedule or should it be a little longer between feedings.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 05kas05 For This Useful Post:

Capray (11-22-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    I like the orange eyes!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Bloods are so pretty their my one day after I'm set on bp snakes cuz I'd love to start getting into them
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks

Re: new pics of my black blood after first shed

Quote Originally Posted by carlson View Post
    Bloods are so pretty their my one day after I'm set on bp snakes cuz I'd love to start getting into them
    man go ahead and pick one up they are awesome you definitely wont be disappointed. i have only had mine for a couple of months and he was really quick to try and bite at first but he has really calmed down alot now he does not even attempt to do anything he is so calm and cool and has really taken over as my favorite snake.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    I like the orange eyes!
    +1

Definitely on my list !

Thanks
    Very very nice

He'd be just fine on an every 7-10 day feeding schedule. Whatever you prefer.
    THE place for Blood/Short-Tail Enthusiasts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DNACurtusK View Post
    Very very nice

He'd be just fine on an every 7-10 day feeding schedule. Whatever you prefer.
    yeah i might switch to every ten days and see how it goes my blood and my ball python feed good then i wait 7 days and it seems like there is no intrest if i wait another 2-3 days then they are eating again. they are both young and almost the same size my ball weighs a little more and is a little longer so i have both on adult mice.
    im waiting on a temp gun from reptile basics just to double check my temps to make sure its all right for their digestion and such. i have read to wait longer in between feedings for bloods so they dont get to fat.
    i realize this is the blood forum but do you think my ball would be ok on a 10 day schedule also. i have to start over on my wieght and shedding records my computer crashed and i lost all my info for the last 4-6 months so i dont have an exact weight im going to look for another way to record my info and start over at the next feeding.
    here are my temps now and usually they are within a degree or two. blood pythons, cool side is 80, hot spot is 86, and humidity is 73% plus he has a humid hide bowl which is what he is sitting in in the pic and he is always in that bowl i very rarely see him in the other hides or out, he seems healthy and happy.

my ball 's cage temps are 80 on the cool side, 90 on the hot spot,and 78% humidity. all ,measured with accurite thermometers

Thanks
    I'm sure your ball would be fine on the 10 day schedule as well. I have a few here that are on that schedule. It's normal for the blood to hide out. We keep ours at 83 during the day time and 78 over the evening, and we have had no issues whatsoever. That's good that you are aware that it's not good for these guys to be obese. They are full bodied snakes, but are not supposed to look like pin heads. As far as humidity, the bloods need the higher humidity, whereas the balls I know need to stay drier.
    THE place for Blood/Short-Tail Enthusiasts

Thanks
    Awesome SSTP! I love the way these guys look - totally underrated!
    ~Chris
    Biology Departments - Marist College & Mount Saint Mary College
    carillephoto.com - Wildlife, Landscape, Wedding, & (of course) Snake Photography for sale
    edenexotics.weebly.com - my snake breeding business. Lots of different species, from Ball Pythons through to Bimini Island Boas