Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,167

0 members and 3,167 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

BP room (closet in my case!)

I'd love to see pics of your snake room (area). I am currently working out of a 4 x 8 foot closet with a self made 10 snake melamine rack 28Q size (very nice work... IMO, with help from this forum..THANKS! ). Anyway, I'm considering seeking forgiveness when I expand out into the main room of our semi-finished basement. I'm thinking of doing a wall rack and am looking to see about how much bare minimum depth I would need along a 14 ft. wall.

I've been caring for my snakes for about 2.5 years now and this is the season I'll have 4 females to breed. I successfully hatched 1 pastel and I'm hoping for 16-24 eggs in 2013. I'm hoping I have the need to expand my snake area and this thread is about getting a head start from experienced keepers like you.

Happy THANKSGIVING time to all and your families. It's a good time to remember everything that we have because of our family and friends. Dave

Thanks

Re: BP room (closet in my case!)

I don't have any pictures, but I have an 8 tub 28qt rack that sits on top of a cedar chest. I'll be purchasing another rack in January. Once I move into my own place (I'm living at home while I'm in nursing school), I'll be getting a 2+ bedroom house/apartment and one whole room will be dedicated to my snakes. But for right now, the snakes and I share a room!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BHReptiles For This Useful Post:

gilly (11-17-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snakehobbyist View Post
    I don't have any pictures, but I have an 8 tub 28qt rack that sits on top of a cedar chest. I'll be purchasing another rack in January. Once I move into my own place (I'm living at home while I'm in nursing school), I'll be getting a 2+ bedroom house/apartment and one whole room will be dedicated to my snakes. But for right now, the snakes and I share a room!
    THANKS for taking the time to respond and share Keep studying, so you can attain your goals, both snake and snake room wise

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Hey, we all start somewhere. This is my reptile room/collection update. I don't have a bunch of pics because its a room but the first start of the video pans my whole room. I have since removed the incubator, added more snakes/racks, and rearranged entirely. I need to do another collection update soon. But at least you can see the room

Regards,

B

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simple Man For This Useful Post:

gilly (11-17-2012)

Thanks
    My link below shows my youtube channel. I myself use a walk in closet similar to yours. Enjoy :-)

...On a side not I need to make some video updates.
    ***IF YOU GET A CHANCE CHECK OUT MY COLLECTION YOUTUBE PAGE***

http://www.youtube.com/user/mschmied89?feature=mhum

1.0 albino
    0.2 het albino
    1.0 piebald
    0.1 het piebald
    1.0 fire
    0.1 black pastel
    0.1 pastel
    1.0 pastel yellowbelly
    0.1 Vanilla
    0.1 Yellowbelly
    0.1 hogg island boa

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mschmied For This Useful Post:

gilly (11-17-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Hey, we all start somewhere. This is my reptile room/collection update. I don't have a bunch of pics because its a room but the first start of the video pans my whole room. I have since removed the incubator, added more snakes/racks, and rearranged entirely. I need to do another collection update soon. But at least you can see the room

Regards,

B
    I happened to find a vid you did the other day and felt a connection, so I checked out your facebook page....this was all before seeing that you replied to my request. It confirms what I thought.... a very NICE and well versed guy. THANKS for taking the time to share.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mschmied View Post
    My link below shows my youtube channel. I myself use a walk in closet similar to yours. Enjoy :-)

...On a side not I need to make some video updates.
    SO AWSOME..... THANKS for sharing. "closet breeding" might become a popular method with nice set-ups like you have. Not everyone has a full spare room or building to start with and your vid shows how you can utilize a smaller type space while still raising BPs in a quality environment. I also like your rat breeding set up & I have to give that some thought since there is a way to keep the odor down. THANKS again !