Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,199

0 members and 3,199 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I read your posts. I still think your initial post comes off as a jerk. Coming to a thread full of people who do know Ben, at least from dealing with him, or in person... and in essence saying "haha, you guys are a cult, I love drama" is at least insensitive, at worst baiting and trollish.

I have a dear friend with bi-polar, and if Ben is bi-polar, then believing that he shouldn't be posting shows you don't "get" how bi-polar works. Most mental breaks don't allow the person to 'think' "Gee, this might look crazy".
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 501 Posts

Re: Ben Siegel Reptiles, wow what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    I read your posts. I still think your initial post comes off as a jerk. Coming to a thread full of people who do know Ben, at least from dealing with him, or in person... and in essence saying "haha, you guys are a cult, I love drama" is at least insensitive, at worst baiting and trollish.

I have a dear friend with bi-polar, and if Ben is bi-polar, then believing that he shouldn't be posting shows you don't "get" how bi-polar works. Most mental breaks don't allow the person to 'think' "Gee, this might look crazy".
    I apologize for sounding jerk-like and insensitive, sincerely. I wasn't trying to be offensive, I really am new to the reptile world. And the "following" did strike me as odd, as do a lot of things I don't understand. It was explained to me, and I thanked the poster for the explanation.

As for not understanding Bipolar Disorder, nope I sure don't. That doesn't make me a jerk, it makes me not-a-psychologist-or-person-with-experience. I specifically did not mention the mental illness because it was put out there by someone else, not by Ben. If I had a condition, mental or physical, I would feel like it was MY place to disclose it as I see fit and to whom I see fit.

Again, I am sincerely sorry if you were personally offended by anything I wrote. I'm an honest person and people don't always agree with my views, but I pepper everything with my own brand of humor and I try to keep things light.
    Adversity does not build character, it reveals it

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrandiR For This Useful Post:

eatgoodfood (11-15-2012),meowmeowkazoo (11-15-2012),wolfy-hound (11-16-2012)

Thanks
    It looks like his auctions were up today. Seems to be getting back to normal.

Thanks
    One previous employee at this time, has gone back to working for BSR, and that is Tom Bailey. Tom is a great person, and I wish him well. I know he will be an immense help to Ben with keeping auctions going, and things flowing smoothly with the company.

I have decided to part ways completely, even though I was asked to come back. I just think it's better to move on. No hard feelings at all, and I wish them all the very best.

0.1 Piebald "Piper" - 0.1 Lesser "Reese" - 0.1 Spider "Arana" - 0.1 Pinstripe "Inyo"
    0.1 VPI Axanthic "Nami" - 0.1 Black Pastel w/Ringer "Lina" - 0.1 Pastel "Gembi"
    0.1 Normal "Malia" - 1.0 Pastel Het Piebald "Karamu" - 1.0 Enchi "Lada" - 1.0 Pewter "Stone"

OTHER SNAKES...
    0.1 Rosy Boa "Loki" - 1.0 Albino Boa "One Eyed Willie" - 1.0 Albino Boa "Mateo"
    0.1 Orange Sunglow Boa "Caliente" (or just "Cali") - 1.0 Amelanistic Cornsnake "Sunny Tequila"

OTHER HERPS...
    0.2 Leopard Geckos "Keeta & Multan" - 0.2 Crested Geckos "Rexy & Alpha"
    Redfoot Tortoise "LT" - 0.0.1 Strawberry Pineapple Pacman Frog "Polo"

OTHER NON-HERPS...
    0.1 American Bulldog "Maui - 0.1 Shiba Inu "Mako" - 1.0 White Cat "Lucaya"
    0.1 Albino Skunk "Lakota" - 1.0 Hedgehog "Herbie" - 0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula "Harriet"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarFox03 For This Useful Post:

decensored (11-16-2012),meowmeowkazoo (11-16-2012)

Thanks
    Why would someone have to be bi-polar to freak out when such terrible things are happening in your life? I honestly think its a pretty crappy thing to throw that out there. Maybe I missed it when Ben made a press release out it but if he did not then why on earth are you assuming this? If he is or isn't it is completely disrespectful to discuss. It is not anyone's business to speculate about a person's mental state or well being. Obviously a lot of us care about what is going on but very few of us know the man.

Ben, if you are reading this then you know you are loved and respected. You have an entire exotic animal loving community supporting you. That's pretty amazing! Some people go through hard times completely alone. We got you!

Good luck
    Luke
    "you only regret the risks in life you DON'T take."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cecilbturtle View Post
    Why would someone have to be bi-polar to freak out when such terrible things are happening in your life? I honestly think its a pretty crappy thing to throw that out there. Maybe I missed it when Ben made a press release out it but if he did not then why on earth are you assuming this? If he is or isn't it is completely disrespectful to discuss. It is not anyone's business to speculate about a person's mental state or well being. Obviously a lot of us care about what is going on but very few of us know the man.

Ben, if you are reading this then you know you are loved and respected. You have an entire exotic animal loving community supporting you. That's pretty amazing! Some people go through hard times completely alone. We got you!

Good luck
    Luke

Ben put it out in public on Facebook that he was bipolar and taking meds but all of this made him go off. Just letting you know, not saying anything one way or the other.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseyReps For This Useful Post:

wolfy-hound (11-16-2012),youbeyouibei (11-17-2012)

Thanks
    Wow. That's a lot of money's worth of animals, I hope they get returned asap!!!

I've been watching Ben Seigal's website for a while, hoping to purchase a male mojave or albino or a different ball python morph, but now I'm confused. I guess I'm going to have to wait a while..
    “You are enough. You are so enough. It is unbelievable how enough you are.”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoseyReps View Post
    Ben put it out in public on Facebook that he was bipolar and taking meds but all of this made him go off. Just letting you know, not saying anything one way or the other.
    Ah gothcya... see what happens when you don't read 10+ pages of in a thread? Boy is my face red.

Still, I don't think many people without the disorder would have reacted much better.
    "you only regret the risks in life you DON'T take."

BPnet Senior Member meowmeowkazoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ToriTheBallPython View Post
    Wow. That's a lot of money's worth of animals, I hope they get returned asap!!!

I've been watching Ben Seigal's website for a while, hoping to purchase a male mojave or albino or a different ball python morph, but now I'm confused. I guess I'm going to have to wait a while..
    You should actually read the thread.
    [Python regius]
    1.0 Black Butter Pinstripe (Amazeballs), 1.0 Pastel Butter Leopard (Thunderbeeper)
    0.1 Spider (Charlotte), 0.1 Leopard (Spot), 0.1 Pastel (Buttercup), Fire Sugar (Abaddon), Crystal (Opalescence)

[Python brongersmai]
    1.1 T+ Albino (Kushiel & Carmilla)

[Boa imperator]
    1.0 Hypo 100% Het Leopard/66% Het Albino (Darcy)
    0.1 66% Het Leopard/Albino (Gabby)

[Colubrids]
    0.1 Cave-dwelling Rat Snakes (Betty Spaghetti)

Thanks
    I have just been sitting back and watching everything unfold and not passing judgement but something that sits wrong with me is on one of his auctions tonight (spider ball) a no name, no profile picture no info nothing bid on the auction to drive the price over Ben's retail price and then claimed to "just be trying to help him out". It will be interesting to see how everything settles. I guess as long as the animals involved in this whole mess are well cared for that is all that matters in the end.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast