Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,601

1 members and 2,600 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dogs love snow

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Fobian View Post
    My Gino also loves snow

Gino logs like he's having a great time. I love that head in the snow pic. The other one is a great action shot too. The head in the snow tunneling thing is hilarious though.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
    0.1 IJ carpet python
    1.1 childrens pythons
    0.1 crested
    1.0 three toed box turtle
    1.0 aussie shepherd
    1.0 chupacabra/hyena dog thing.
    1.2 strange cats
    0.2 stranger children
    0.1 even stranger GF

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lefty For This Useful Post:

Brian Fobian (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Thank you for rescuing a fighting dog. I'm a huge advocate of rescue. Both of mine are rescues too. I think all dogs and cats should be.

I couldn't pass her up the shelter that the cops brought her too were gonna put her to sleep but once I seen those sad eyes I knew I had to have her it's not right to spend your first four years in those conditions and shes become the most loving dog I've ever owned (feels guilty for past dogs haha) it took time for her to be ok with other dogs but working slow and my parents dogs helped that. When it came to me we bonded when our eyes meet Ill never understand how people can treat animals the way they do, that's why I enjoy talking to you all in a sightly broken world it's nice knowing fellow animal lovers
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Gino logs like he's having a great time. I love that head in the snow pic. The other one is a great action shot too. The head in the snow tunneling thing is hilarious though.

Haha that white butt sticking up I almost over looked it for a second. Slightly color blind I can't tell shading of different colors apart specially side by side. But your pups are having so much fun nothing better then a happy dog
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks

Re: Dogs love snow

Yeah those "where's the head" pics are great fun
    Brian Fobian Osowski

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carlson View Post
    I couldn't pass her up the shelter that the cops brought her too were gonna put her to sleep but once I seen those sad eyes I knew I had to have her it's not right to spend your first four years in those conditions and shes become the most loving dog I've ever owned (feels guilty for past dogs haha) it took time for her to be ok with other dogs but working slow and my parents dogs helped that. When it came to me we bonded when our eyes meet Ill never understand how people can treat animals the way they do, that's why I enjoy talking to you all in a sightly broken world it's nice knowing fellow animal lovers
    I've owned rescue dogs and non rescue dogs. The rescue dogs are,always better, more loving and more loyal dogs. Its like they know that you have given them a second chance and they are grateful for it. One of mine was a shelter dog and the other was a severely abused and malnourished dog that someone threw over my buddys 6 foot fence with a note on its collar that said ”do not want dog”. When they told us that someone did that I said bring it to my house, I'll take care of it. He was scared of people and it took a while but he us now the best dog i've ever owned.

0.1 IJ carpet python
    1.1 childrens pythons
    0.1 crested
    1.0 aussie shepherd
    1.2 strange cats
    0.2 stranger children
    0.1 even stranger GF

Thanks
    Wow dumping your dog over someone's fence with a note how low can people get. It's a good thing he(?) made it into your home and is receiving love and having fun .. Some people just disgust me, we have a problem with people releasing their dogs in the woods up here my dad picked up a cute mutt of the side of the road that now enjoys life on my cousins farm. The poor guy was placed on the side of the road and sat there my dad passed him on way to work and nine hours latter on his way home the little guy was still sitting in the same spot just waiting for his owners to come back i was so happy when my dad told me he picked up the guy.
    Last edited by carlson; 11-11-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Hmm guess tapatalk isn't editing my last post. I'm glad that you were there to take him(?) into your home and give him some loving and fun times nothing better then the love dogs show. Sorry it edited it after I posted this not trying to post tons I swear, tapatalk beats me some days.
    Last edited by carlson; 11-11-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Yep, people are douchebags. I can't understand why somebody wouldn't want an amazing dog like mine. But I guess in the long run it worked out for me and especially my dog. He now had a happy stable home and a great life.

Props to your dad for taking in the dog he found. a sure way to tell a good person is one who goes out of his way to help animals....
    0.1 IJ carpet python
    1.1 childrens pythons
    0.1 crested
    1.0 aussie shepherd
    1.2 strange cats
    0.2 stranger children
    0.1 even stranger GF

Thanks

Re: Dogs love snow

Yep, they LOVE catching snow balls and digging for them in the deep snow. And the cleanup is taken care of by the dogs. they come in and shake all the snow loose and then quickly eat it up. It's super easy. Since the snow balls up on their fur it comes off in ball form and they think by shaking it off and snatching it up they are playing. They are obsessed with balls. looks like there are more ways than one to be a ball addict.....
    I didn't consider that they might eat it but it makes sense

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Fobian View Post
    He's an American Staffordshire Terrier (guess you guys also call that a pit right?) / Lab mix. He's 8 years old, so he would probably like your 7 year old female

Btw I'm proud of you, that you have a rescued fighting dog Thank God there are also good folks on this planet
    Am staffs get called pits all time yep haha im always thinks am staffs, American put bull terrier and American bully terriers when I think pits. If your ever in Minnesota bring him up she turned around nicely loves playing now, parents puppy's made sure of that (he's not a puppy now he's 105 lb big lab ha still a puppy in his mind) I love watching my dog play with other dogs now just knowing how far she's come from being scared and snippy with dogs (like would hunch so her face was hidden and get defensive) to full on happy playing with out any signs of what she's come from makes me beyond happy and to the you can judge a man by how he treats animals I fully agree with that man or women its a big indicator of the type of person they are. That's why this place is so great just animal lovers from the crawlers to the four legged
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast