Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,192

1 members and 3,191 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Hi all.
    My Columbian Boa was sick a few weeks ago. It wasnt an R.I. but he did have mucas in his mouth and was weezeing a little. The vet gave me some drops and it seemed to clear things up. When he was sick his coloring went pretty dark. It has remained that way since. He used to have a lot of pink and grey, now he is dark grey and brown.
    Have any of you heard of this happening before? Do you think him being sick caused his color change?
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    How long have you had him? And has he always been his previous color? If he is getting better after a prolonged illness he might well be coming back into his natural colors. That's a wild hazarded guess though and I don't want to misdirect you - I'll defer to Will or anyone else more knowledgeable in the Boa arena.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    I've had him for just over a year. He is about 3-3.5' long. Im actually unsure of its sex. He has been light grey/pink for the entire time I've owned him up until he got sick...
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    Well then scrap everything i just proffered - was a hazarded guess. Hang out until someone who actually knows a good bit about them (or at least keeps them ) comes along. Has ther been any change in diet/temps since he's been sick? eating less? tending to the cool hide etc?

Thanks
    when he was sick, I uped the temps a little, he has been hanging out on the cooler side of the tank though so I think I am going to drop them again...
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks

Shameless self-promotion

CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDED IN AISLE BCC POR FAVOR!!

(aside) Someone will be with you shortly - could I offer you a refreshing beverage in the meantime?

Thanks
    I do not have a specific answer to your situation, but I do know that some BCI's do change to a darker color while gravid, and retain darker tones after giving birth, so there is some evidence that physiological changes can change color. I have never heard of one changing color after recovering from an illness, however. Could it still be sick/recovering?
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

todays backyard find...

the sickness would definatly cause the color change. and my guess,like randy suggested, is that its probably still recovering, and maybe youll have to wait till the next shed for the colors to return. just a guess though.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    mine gets darker about half-way between sheds. first 15 or so days, grey and pink as can be... with a beautiful red tinted tail. then the last 15 or so, he changes slowly to darker grey, (was in this stage when i bought him, hence the name...), and the pink is almost not visible. the tail is clearly brown, hardly any red.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Banned
    Thanks
    Sounds like mouth rot by the way. Pretty common actually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast