Jess was quite upset about Missy, as you can imagine, and I'm baffled as to what happened and concerned for Adrian's rat. I suppose it's possible she was able to pull something into her cage and eat it that she shouldn't have or that Jess didn't adequately clean her water bottle and some bacteria or fungus or something started growing in there (nothing visible -- I did check and she gave her fresh water regularly), or maybe we passed a parasite or virus to her somehow.

Waldo is definitely still cute, and his stump looks okay. I'm not so much worried about the loss of the tail itself as to what caused him to drop it and trying to prevent undue stress to the little guys. I am definitely suspecting Dobby because he launched himself at the larger gecko cage last night. The geckos are fine and as far as I could see they still have their tails (but I couldn't see very well and didn't want to stress them by taking them out to check). The schedule for Dobby moving to my mother's house to keep his brother company needs to be accelerated.

As an aside, I was quite disappointed with my last order from herpfood.com of 200 crickets and 100 mealworms because a number of the smaller crickets were dead and the container for the larger ones had broken and they were all loose in the bok and I was unable to catch all of them. Just to show how many went missing or were dead, the order arrived last Monday and I have about 8 crickets left of 200. I am no longer disappointed, though, because in today's mail I got 200 good looking crickets and another 100 mealworms. My cresties will definitely not be going hungry!