Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,479

6 members and 3,473 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

New website up and running

Our site is now up and running, please have a look (you can click the banner at the bottom) and let us know what you think! I'm still working out some little details and uploading and rearranging pics, but it's mostly all done. . .
    Much thanks to Tom Yurik for all of his web design talents! If you have a chance, <click> on the Facebook link to "like" us on Facebook!
    Thanks for any input, it'll be more fun to browse when there are more animals available but we've got to start somewhere!!
    Thanks for looking!
    Steve

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts
    One of the nicer websites Ive seen, the colors, the layout,font and all have a really nice vibe
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iCandiBallPythons For This Useful Post:

Steve-J (10-29-2012)

Thanks
    Thank you!! I may actually get some sleep someday now that it's "done" . ... of course it's never REALLY done, there's always something to tweak!!!
    thanks so much for the nice comments!

Thanks
    Congratulations on getting the website done! One thing that I would suggest is to try to get away from having a scroll bar implemented within the table for the body of the site. It really takes away from the site as a whole unless you're always viewing it in google chrome (Which many people are not). The way it is setup as of right now is not supported in IE 9 and Firefox ESR. Other than that, the overall look of the site is great.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to boyer.michael.s For This Useful Post:

Steve-J (10-29-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    My thoughts.....

First thing I thought is holy fing busy lol, but I like it personally.

I personally find the slide show to be moving a little too fast, maybe add a sec or 2 to each slide. It hurts my eyes atleat. Also personally I would remove the controls for it, but thats me.

I also don't think the URL on the side of the content is really needed, I mean you got a logo at the top and I am already at the site.

steve@wickedcoolroyals.com isn't linked at the bottom of the welcome paragraph

There is a phantom timer for the slide show where it shouldn't be when I scroll down, heres a screenshot I have no idea really how to explain it. It may be OS or browser specific, I'm using chromium on ubuntu. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...aloser/pic.png it is fixed in place while scrolling.

Personally I dont think you need the same slide show on two pages.

Also something I wonder, how often do you think someone will use the add to cart button, instead of emailing you and asking a few questions first and setting up a shipping date ect?

There is a lot of blank space under the shirt in the scroll box on the available page.

I'm sure the site will serve you well, no doubt catches your attention. Name fits the site really well if you ask me. I also really like the placement of the youtube and facebook icons, just looks like it belongs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Steve-J (10-29-2012)

Thanks
    Site looks nice via mobile except the scroll bar working the site doesn't work.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    1.0 Spider "Charlie"
    1.1 Normal "Precious" "Chumley"
    0.1 Pastel "Sweet Dee"
    1.1 Mojave "Stewie" "Little Bit"
    0.1 Lesser "Sally"
    1.0 Pied "Jack"
    1.0 Nile Monitor "Superman"
    0.1 Bearded Dragons "Snookie"
    0.0.1 Sulcuta Tortoise "Kenny Powers"
    1.0 Chocolate lab "Dante"
    1.0 Now snake obsessed boyfriend

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jbean7916 For This Useful Post:

Steve-J (10-29-2012)

Thanks

Re: New website up and running

Quote Originally Posted by boyer.michael.s View Post
    Congratulations on getting the website done! One thing that I would suggest is to try to get away from having a scroll bar implemented within the table for the body of the site. It really takes away from the site as a whole unless you're always viewing it in google chrome (Which many people are not). The way it is setup as of right now is not supported in IE 9 and Firefox ESR. Other than that, the overall look of the site is great.
    Thanks for letting me know, this is just the kind of info that I'm looking for right now, thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    My thoughts.....

First thing I thought is holy fing busy lol, but I like it personally.

I personally find the slide show to be moving a little too fast, maybe add a sec or 2 to each slide. It hurts my eyes atleat. Also personally I would remove the controls for it, but thats me.

I also don't think the URL on the side of the content is really needed, I mean you got a logo at the top and I am already at the site.

steve@wickedcoolroyals.com isn't linked at the bottom of the welcome paragraph

There is a phantom timer for the slide show where it shouldn't be when I scroll down, heres a screenshot I have no idea really how to explain it. It may be OS or browser specific, I'm using chromium on ubuntu. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...aloser/pic.png it is fixed in place while scrolling.

Personally I dont think you need the same slide show on two pages.

Also something I wonder, how often do you think someone will use the add to cart button, instead of emailing you and asking a few questions first and setting up a shipping date ect?

There is a lot of blank space under the shirt in the scroll box on the available page.

I'm sure the site will serve you well, no doubt catches your attention. Name fits the site really well if you ask me. I also really like the placement of the youtube and facebook icons, just looks like it belongs.
    Thanks for the great input! this will definitely help me get things straightened out, I'll start addressing these issues. . .
    as far as the "add to cart" I kinda like having the buttons even if they don't get used in the long run. . . and the extra space on the available page is so I can add things later on. I noticed the "phantom timer" I don't know what it is and I'll have to look into it, I hadn't noticed that it stayed in one place though. . Thanks for your attention to detail!

Quote Originally Posted by jbean7916 View Post
    Site looks nice via mobile except the scroll bar working the site doesn't work.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks! I'll have to get the scroll bar stuff fixed. . .

I really appreciate that you all took the time to check it out,
    Thanks again to everyone!!

Thanks
    Like the site, very appealing and I like the font and contrast you have for the available section.
    2.0 Red Tail Boa (BCC) - Neil, Hermes (Suriname)
    0.1 Normal Ball - Moonlight (RIP)
    1.0 BEL (lesser x mojave)
    0.1 Pinstripe - Starlight
    1.1 Dogs - Champ, Megan

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ewaldrep For This Useful Post:

Steve-J (10-29-2012)

Thanks

Re: New website up and running

I love your website! I am a huge fan of the style you went for. Very bright and crisp, the pictures are really something else. Looks legit and professional all the way. The only thing I would change is maybe make it so one can expand the pics of your snakes. Other than that, awesome!

Paul

15. The Following User Says Thank You to versicolor For This Useful Post:

Steve-J (10-29-2012)

Thanks
    I like it. I agree with removing the scrolling and the other fixes mentioned above but other than that it is pretty sweet. Great pics

17. The Following User Says Thank You to joebad976 For This Useful Post:

Steve-J (10-29-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast