Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,486

0 members and 2,486 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Well, 2 of my biggest ones like to come out of there hides and watch me clean their poo up. Lol I've recently acquired a snow(Not my favorite morph, may or may not sell him later) and he is really bi-polar. One second he will rattle his tale and bite at you, and the next he is perfectly fine. He's a strong feeder though. My blizzard male is real finicky. He goes on and off feed and has regurged 3 times. I think he is going through some weird stage. Lol He's doing good now though. My favorite is my little charcoal girl. She is just really curious and basicly a sweetheart. She has also never given me any problems as far as feeding goes. That's all I have for now.
    Corns:
    0.0.1 Normal; 0.1.0 Amel Motley
    1.0.0 Butter Motley; 0.1.0 Charcoal

Thanks
    I love my corn snake! She was my first snake. And she is a tank. I get offers all the time from fellow breeders if I 'ever want to get rid of her'. But I love her. She's a very high white, lacey Butter.

Her enclosure is beside my computer desk at home, so if I'm in the room, she's out and watching me. If I look at her, she'll parascope up and tilt her head at me, flicking her little tongue as if to say: "Feed me? Please?"

I do love ball pythons, but she was a long time coming. I wanted a corn snake since I was a kid, you see. And she was exactly what I was looking for. Exactly.

She's a handful when she's out for the first 15 minutes or so, but calms right down. She's the snake I take to plenty of educational events that we do locally as part of our reptile society. People tend to approach her even if they're scared of snakes, because she is 'pretty'. (Another reason I need another BP morph to bring too). A ball python tends to trigger the 'big snake' response from some people. But Irileth is slender and I think that sometimes helps. Because she is long, I can also hold her head away with one hand and offer her tail to people who are scared, and it creates a bit of 'distance' between the part they're scared of (getting bitten).

Overall, she's hilarious. She drags her mouth along the side of the glass when she's really hungry and I'm feeding the other animals first. To take her food off the tongs, some days she'll strike and take the tongs with her. Other days, she just politely puts her mouth over it and starts eating right off the tongs.

She's my girl, and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Last edited by Vasiliki; 10-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    - Danielle

Snakes are just tails with faces....
    1.0 Pied BP, 1.0 Crested Gecko, 1.0 RAPTOR Leopard gecko, , 0.1 Desert Pin BP, 1.0 Albino BP, 0.1 Leachie Gecko

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vasiliki For This Useful Post:

Argentra (10-17-2012),MSG-KB (10-22-2012),Poseidon (10-17-2012),Pyrate81 (10-22-2012)

Thanks
    Because my corn is still small she's still a butt head, however she was my first snake. Her personality is coming alive all the time. We recently moved her cage and before I could cover most of the sides she built her tunnels so she can watch us, especially in the kitchen..

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Re: What is SO GREAT ABOUT YOUR CORN SNAKE?

Colors! I really love the bright reds, oranges, yellows and pinks especially! It it also nice that corns are easy keepers, who eat reliably and frozen / thawed prey, don't get too huge or take up much space and are usually quite easy to handle. With thousands of morph combinations possible and their ease of care, it's very easy to collect a lot of them. However, I will say that I don't enjoy handling my corns as much as I enjoy handling my boas and pythons. They are just much more quick and wiggly. Definitely not as "cuddly" as ball pythons! Oh well.....
    ~Wendy~

RepStylin®

Reptile Collection: Amazon Tree Boas, Ball Pythons, Boa Constrictors, Brazilian Rainbow Boas, Carpet Pythons, Chondro, Corn Snakes, King Snakes, Milk Snakes and a Retic. Too many morphs to list anymore!

Thanks
    I agree I like the colors and patterns. I have no ill tempered corns at all.

And this is one of my favorite things.

Can't wait till this one gets big enough to put to my Het Anery, possible Het Amel Charcoal Tessera.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rojarr2003 For This Useful Post:

Wyldrose (10-22-2012)

Thanks
    I love them because of what they did for herpetoculture

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fndjason4 For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (10-28-2012),RobNJ (10-17-2012),Wyldrose (10-22-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fndjason4 View Post
    I love them because of what they did for herpetoculture
    Great reason!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    I think "normal" corns are one of the most groovy looking snakes on the planet. Still one of my favorite snakes to find in the field.

Thanks
    Corn snakes are Awesome! They don't get TOO big (though tell that to the ghost I had not long ago), they are one of the easiest to care for, they have great appetites (except for that one period in their lives when they go totally off feed), and are quite docile when adults. So many colors, too! And they're just the right amount of active to be fun to watch in the evenings.

Right now, we only have 1 corn - our pink snow female (OK she's my partner's snake technically), but I am already looking to get another soon, especially since we agreed I would not get any new BPs until we have a generator.

This is her most recent pic:
    Last edited by Argentra; 10-17-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: added picture
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Argentra For This Useful Post:

MSG-KB (10-22-2012),Pyrate81 (10-22-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    I think "normal" corns are one of the most groovy looking snakes on the planet. Still one of my favorite snakes to find in the field.
    so right about that i still enjoy finding normal / wild corns
    A Time for Peace A Time for War

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast