Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,160

2 members and 2,158 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas Chamber

Thanks
    will, its not co2 you get high off of. Its called N02. Nitrous Oxide. The same stuff dentists use on you, although dentists give it to you diluted with regular air. We did that back in high school also, that is how I know about them. If you used co2 you would probably suffocate yourself. N02 is also the pressurizer in most aerosol cans. That is why kids huff on them for the no2. I never believed in huffing, that is why we took it straight
    0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Thanks
    sorry pimp, didn't see your message before i typed mine
    0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Banned
    Thanks
    Guys, c02 isn't toxic. I breath dry ice gas all the time, which is basically pure c02 gas. People get confused between c02 (carbon dioxide) and carbon monoxide.

The gas chamber would probly have holes in the top. The reason for this would be because c02 is heavier then air and would go to the bottom. And without holes the contained would probly blow the top off completely or just explode.

I'm gonna see what I can do with the c02 cans from wal-mart. I have no real need for a gas chamber, but I bet a lot of you could. I'd have to test it of course. And I'd need a can where flow could be controlled.

Banned
    Thanks
    It turns out that buying co02 cans would be ineffective and expensive. Where as dry ice would be easier, faster, and cheaper.The only way I could image rigging up a dry ice powered chamber would be by using a tube connected to a bottle.

Basically it would conside of a 10 gallon tank. A 2 litter bottle, and dry ice and water.

This would only be worth while when killing dozens of them also, gasing a mouse is really kinda pointless.

Ok, you'd take the top of the coke bottle, and cut a hole in it for the tubing. That or stick tubing inside the bottle. Then you'd gather your mice, this one gadget could kill probly 1000. Put them in closed containers, such as 10 gallons. Stick the dry ice into the bottle, and add water. Secure the tubing and proceed to fill the containers with a thick white gas, c02. One filling should last enough to finish them all off. They'd probly pass out after a minute. And die later. Might need a few fillings of dry ice to keep the supply of c02 going.

Seriously, this could be a heck of a mass killing if done right. Would you enjoy a visual DIY along these lines? If so I'll write one up.

Thanks
    If you mx vinegar and baking soda, it creates a gas that will do the same as dry ice- it was me who gave the info on the gas techniques before, I got the link, I will attach it again, gives a good tutorial on making gas chambers.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    K, here is the link again.

http://www.alysion.org/euthanasia/index.html

Also, here is the link to the sticky topic on this.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/PNphpBB2...pic-t-158.html
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Banned
    Thanks
    Yeah, thats not really something easy to do, takes time. I wonder how many gallons a fist sized piece of dry ice makes, plus you get thicker smoke

I'll test that method tho.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    no the kid used a c02 cartidge. and a whip-it cracker.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks

Cheer Up!

Where can you buy dry ice? If I start to breed rats I'll a killing method.
    You should make another DIY about one of the killing methods!
    -BallPython713 8)
    0.0.1 BP (Bernice)

Thanks
    I discussed the dry ice method of putting the mice/rats down with the guy that I buy my mice from.

He advised that although it would work, it wouldn't be very quick and would take them a while to actually die.

He bit the bullet and bought one of those air tanks with a regulator on it which put him out about $160. That's really the only major expense that was involved. He told me that he only has to have it recharged about every 4 months at about 18 bucks a pop. Not too bad. AND, he's got over 50 snakes to feed that are his own.

He's got some type of gas chamber rigged up (a rubbermade). He drops the mice in, hits the gas and they're all dean in about 5 seconds. He advised me that the pressure from the tank is a big factor as well as the co2.

He told me that using the dry ice method, although it may work, would take a lot longer to kill them, and may be more uncomfortable for them too.
    Chance Favors the Prepared Mind

http://www.four-feathers-photography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12