Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,857

2 members and 3,855 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    I play mostly fingerpicking classical on acoustic steel strings

I own a martin DXME dreadnaught and a washburn rover travel guitar.

My favorite pieces to play are some ~6 minute long flamenco-ish thing I learned from sheet music a few years ago and have since forgotten the name of, and classical gas.

One of these days I'm going to pick up a classical nylon string guitar and work hard specifically playing flamenco. Right now I'm focusing more on learning to play 10-hole diatonic harmonicas.
    Last edited by mainbutter; 10-06-2012 at 09:42 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Who plays guitar?

I play drums a little bit. Buddy of mine and I are working on putting something together for iTunes release.

The real star of my family is my little cousin, Willow. She's just turned 12 or 13 (her birthday was a couple days ago).

Check this out................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsbsiQ-hY44
    -Brock-
    1.0 normal (Monty).
    1.0 cat (Chooey).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MorphMaster View Post
    les Paul epiphany
    Epiphone Les Paul. An "epiphany" is a realization. Some of the upper end Epiphone models are every bit as nice as their Gibson counterparts that cost many times as much. We all gotta start somewhere.

I have been playing guitar for roughly 17 years now. I play mostly metal. My strongest influences are definitely northern European style progressive/folk/death metal (ala Opeth, Soulfallen, Agalloch, etc). I would consider my style to be fairly similar, although I haven't been in a band in several years. My rig is, and always has been, fairly simple. My main guitar/setup for the past 10-12 or so years has been an ESP LTD EX-400BD with EMG 81/60 run through an early Peavey 5150 with Peavey XXX 4-12 cab with Celestion Vintage 30's. I occasionally run a Boss MT-2 up front with a Boss RV-5, DD-3, CH-1 and GE-7 in the effects loop. Fairly straight forward set up. For practice around the house I use a Roland Cube 30X. Neat little 30w solid state modeling combo amp!

My wife said she wanted to learn bass a couple years ago so I bought her an inexpensive Ibanez Soundgear bass and a Marshall MB-30 (I know, horrible amp). She never took to it, so now I occasionally spank her bass so it gets some love too.

Thanks

I play a bit. I own 3 Gibson Les Paul's at the moment, a Fender Telecoustic, and play through an Orange Tiny Terror. Not playing with a band at the moment. I have a Digitech GNX3 multieffects pedal, and record into my PC for fun. I have several midi instrument packages installed, that I use to jam along with. Mostly play old school metal, and mess around with a bit of acoustic and classical.

Here are a couple of recordings I've uploaded to Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/6stringer/o-come-o-holy-night

http://soundcloud.com/6stringer/dee

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceBalls View Post

What year is this one if I can ask? The old les Paul's are awesome I wanna get one one day
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlson View Post
    What year is this one if I can ask? The old les Paul's are awesome I wanna get one one day
    That Alpine White one is actually a 2009 Les Paul 'Studio' model (no neck or body binding). It's a great player, and I love the ebony fretboard. The white Gibsons typically begin to turn more into a cream color as they age.
    Last edited by NiceBalls; 10-07-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks
    K it's a beautiful guitar it looks like my old guitar teachers is why I ask he had one of the way old ones (granted I'm only 24 so judgement on way old taken into granted) I think it was an early seventies but I can't remember now so I ask everyone that has one that looks like it what year it is cuz that was the first electric guitar I learned to play and I want one now that I can afford it.
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Awesome to see all your replies! Wish I had more time to of replied sooner. I'm hoping when tax time rolls around I can buy me a nice Taylor or Martin.

Thanks
    I've got some generic electric guitar and mini amp but I also have a schecter Damien 6 and a peavey vypyr 75w modeling combo.

Thing is I have zero clue where to even start learning how to play. Seriously. I've had both guitars about a year now and can't get motivated because I have zero clue where to begin.
    'Tics, burms, balls, and geckos. A bunch of them.

Thanks

my hubby plays, and our boys are learning....our 12 year old amazes us daily....

Hubby has a Taylor 214 ce Acoustic and a Schecter Damien Elite Electric, when he runs an amp we have a Classic VTX series but most times he plays through the Yamaha emx312sc sound mixer and yamaha speakers that we have....I love watching him play...I keep telling him I need to learn to play bass...or something, I feel so left out...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast