Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,248

1 members and 3,247 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VP of Cool
    Thanks
    Cutieeee! Yep, yep.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marla
    Hmm ... I think I managed to follow the trail you left anyway. Cresties are easier than leos, but they're generally a little more expensive for the animal itself.
    I'm gonna have to disagree here with the "Cresties are easier than leos" bit. Leopard geckos are quite possibly the easiest herp to care for in the pet trade today. All you do as a keeper is keep their bowls filled, check temps and clean poop. Leos do all the rest. They regulate their own calcium/food/water intake and even poop in the same spot each time. You can't get any easier then that.

Thanks
    Ah, except that with cresties I don't have to regulate temps as long as my house's heat and AC are working, and you can keep cresties on a diet of crested gecko diet and water only and do just fine. What could be simpler than that?
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

Getting rid of parasites

It's a good thing you didn't get a Tokay-- they're insane, haha. I have to agree with Jeff though, leos are as easy as it gets. But both leos and cresteds rock... I don't do snakes, I do geckos :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Marla
    Hmm ... I think I managed to follow the trail you left anyway. Cresties are easier than leos, but they're generally a little more expensive for the animal itself.
    I'm gonna have to disagree here with the "Cresties are easier than leos" bit. Leopard geckos are quite possibly the easiest herp to care for in the pet trade today. All you do as a keeper is keep their bowls filled, check temps and clean poop. Leos do all the rest. They regulate their own calcium/food/water intake and even poop in the same spot each time. You can't get any easier then that.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this Jeff. Perhaps you're a bit biased, lol.

Having kept both species, I have found Cresteds to be much simpler. They do not require supplemental heat in most cases and their diet is much easier due to the invention of the Crested Gecko Diet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12