Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,311

2 members and 3,309 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks
    I went by the local Petco this evening to pick up some mousicles for the kids, and the reptiles department manager I've mentioned before was in. We had quite a chat and the upshot is first that we may go in together on ordering some rodents so that we can both switch some guys over to rats and second, that I have found a female crestie to go along with the male I ordered yesterday.

I am delighted to say the least, and getting her for about half :lol: what I've seen them going for online. She's a lovely light green young lady and is actually only a subadult, but a clutchmate of hers is already visibly male so it's good bet she's female, even though some of them drop late.

When I get this week's three animals, I think I ought to be set for a while.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Haha awesome and congats Marla - yes .... set........ for a while.....
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

Thanks
    Congrats!! We want pictures
    -Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos

Thanks
    I will be absolutely delighted to provide pics ASAP.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's great Marla! You'll have to define "a while" when you try to describe yourself as being "set" though!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Heh. I suppose I will, but barring rescues or impossible-to-turn-down offers, I have in mind adding no more critters until after I move, and not in a rush then. Of course, if my pair produce, I'm certainly not going to turn down offspring. The female is a bit young for breeding just yet, though, and could easily wait til after I move before having her first eggs. By that time, I may be able to tell what sexes my current little guys are.

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    Congrats!Yay! Now post pics :x
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Banned
    Thanks
    I too am a geckophile, I love them to death. Cresties are some cute little guys, I might keep one some day. Either a tokay or creastie, dunno yet. Tokays are way cooler because they get huge

So, gonna breed some cresties?

Thanks
    Sounds like good deals on both accounts, Marla. It would be nice to have someone to share costs on mousicles. It seems like such a waste when you see that only 90% of the space in the shipping box is taken up by your order, but you still have to pay that relatively hefty shipping charge because of the dry ice. I might have to get a little friendlier with the herp-keeping girls that work at our local pet store.

Thanks
    If everything goes well, I will be picking up the female tomorrow or at the latest Saturday and should have the male mid-week next week. I will be taking photos, of course. One of the funny things about these guys is the row of white they have right next to their mouths that makes it look like they're always smiling. How can you not like a happy gecko?

John, I don't think I can agree that tokays are way cooler or that size is an important factor in cool, but tokays are definitely some cool-looking geckos. The spots are wild. However, I understand if your husbandry isn't spot-on with them you can easily end up with a mean gecko and while I'm not exactly quivering in fear at the thought of a gecko bite, I don't really want to increase my odds either. Of course, I was warned that this female has been known to bite, but cresties have no jaw strength so you know I'm terrified of her.

Smynx, if you have herp-keepers at the local store, it can't hurt to get a little friendlier with them for various reasons including rodent orders. There's also the possibility of having animals held for you, being given first dibs on drop-offs, etc. But I think for rodents, if you can do it, volume is definitely the way to go.