Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,147

0 members and 3,147 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts

Early 2012 50% SD Tiger Reticulated Python

Well guys, my newest addition craze has come to its final halt for the foreseeable future. I have been gearing up quite a bit of breeder stock over the last few months, and today marks the day of my last add on to the stock (Yes, I need to get this in writing to help keep myself on track!).

Not too long ago, I worked out a deal with Priceless Pythons for an adult Super Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python (50% SD Blood). And recently, I have been searching out a female to pair him with down the road, hopefully 50% or greater SD blood as well, but I wanted either Platty or Tiger. Unfortunately,

not too many people are breeding into these morphs at these % right now, since a lot of people are working into breeding Albinos, Anery, and eventually Snow Retics. But Thankfully my persistence and somewhat patience pulled off recently when I got a hold of Travis Kubes to see what he had available in my needs. Sure enough, he had 2 50% SD Tiger Retic females left for this year and after a phone call, some pictures, and some texts the deal was closed, and the snake went out the next day. . .

Fast forward to this morning. . .

Fedex arrived on top, I pop open the box, use a hook to get her into her QT tub, and here she is, stunning!!! With a lot of pattern influence from the SD Blood, this is going to be a Knockout Retic!

Enjoy!

And for those who missed him, here is my big boy @ 8ft :-)

Cheers
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

Thanks
    Congrats!!!!! I wish I could own a sd retic I want one so bad but alas lacy act will not allow it so I will live through you guys a pray USARK can put a stop to this madness

Thanks
    Lacey act does not effect retics or super dwarf retics. Only Burmese. Indian rock. African rock and certain species of anaconda (yellow I believe). Retics are permit controlled though in many states. Texas is one of those such states. But the permit is the same as those for the Lacey act snakes and any non native venomous that you wish to own. Selling them in Texas also requires a commercial controlled exotic snake permit which is $60 annually. Plus your $20 annual permit fee to keep them. $500 fine, confiscate your collection, and a 5 year no controlled snake ban is the consequences of breaking these laws in Texas though! So check permits and go

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

Thanks
    Should also mention just because they are a permit snake does not prohibit them from being transported with the exception of government operated vehicles (such as public busses). You can even cross state lines with retics for education shows. If you move to a different state though it again boils down to checking for state permit laws in place. Then checking city ordinances for "dangerous animal acts" that may limit your ability. Then you simply move out of that city limit