Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,441

4 members and 3,437 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    There's no way you can compare the two. What the iPhone does it does perfectly whereas android phones have a "good enough" attitude. Yes, apple is behind the power curve as far as innovation is concerned but when I talk to some of my friends who have android devices they're always complaining about how they keep having problems with their phones or can't seem to figure out how to navigate through the dozens of useless settings and features. The iPhone just simplifies what the android complicates. Don't hammer me now android lovers. Everyone has they're own opinion. I have had both types of phones and am now extremely happy with my iPhone. It serves my purpose well. I'm sure there are people who need more and they get it from android type phones.

Now let's sing kumbaya...1,2,3

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: iPhone 5 fails again...

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    Ok so more memory and a faster processor.. the other stuff isn't hardware related so that dosen't count. Althought the specs show it having a 1.4 GHZ processor and only 1 gb or ram.. So it's processer is .4 ghz faster. Whatelse hardware wise makes it a better phone??
    the one your looking at is the International version which is is a 1.4 quad core.

US verison is a 1.5 dual core with 2 gb of ram.

your turn to counter, what does the iphone have?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post

Biggest thing for me is being able to tether to my laptop. I have an unlimited data plan and im going to use it to it's full potential lol. also I want to be able to play my n64 games and playstation games on my phone because I need to entertain myself sometimes. FFVII does that quite well.
    Settings/network/internet tethering set to on. Done.

That is hard? I never do that and I set it up in 5 seconds for the first time with my desk computer I am currently using it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kitedemon View Post
    Settings/network/internet tethering set to on. Done.

That is hard? I never do that and I set it up in 5 seconds for the first time with my desk computer I am currently using it.
    from what ive seen the only tethering iOS allowed was the pay monthy to use hotspot. hense them removing any other tethering app from the app store.

now wheres the usb tethering? the faster and less power consuming method?

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    the one your looking at is the International version which is is a 1.4 quad core.

US verison is a 1.5 dual core with 2 gb of ram.

your turn to counter, what does the iphone have?
    All of them are international...So yea I'm comparing an international phone to international phone. So what your saying is that to get a phone that will travel like my iPhone I have to take less phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    from what ive seen the only tethering iOS allowed was the pay monthy to use hotspot. hense them removing any other tethering app from the app store.

now wheres the usb tethering? the faster and less power consuming method?
    That's a carrier thing not a hardware thing. iPhone can be tethered you just have to pay your carrier to do so.

When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Like I said before. Both phones appear to be very evenly matched. It doesn't appear that one phone is greater in any one aspect any other.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Freakie_frog For This Useful Post:

Kaorte (09-20-2012)

Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quantum Constrictors For This Useful Post:

BP Newbie (09-21-2012),jbean7916 (09-21-2012)

Thanks
    Most people who say iPhones suck are in the same boat as not ever having one. I had a droid before my iPhone and my preference is the iPhone, IMO it's an all around better phone. I am excited about a larger screen, but glad its not huge. I hate the feeling of having a brick in my pocket. I have no problems with the otterbox I have on my iPhone right now, it doesn't haff much bulk to it, but protects great against drops. This arguement is like Baptist and Mormons arguing who is right, neither side is going to get anywhere with the other.

Last edited by pigfat; 09-20-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    -Joe

1.0 100% Het. Albino
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Pinstripe
    1.0 Purple Albino Retic

Thanks

All of them are international...So yea I'm comparing an international phone to international phone. So what your saying is that to get a phone that will travel like my iPhone I have to take less phone.
    Going to twist words now? International version is the version released everywhere else but the US carriers. Its not less phone it's just different, you seem to be missing it is a quad core processor, hence me underlining it for you. US carriers (like mine) are specs as described above, if you're going to try to debate the phones, you might as well us the one most of us on the forum have, since most of us are in the US. It in no way means I can't use my phone internationally, it just what is released here in the US. still waiting on what the iphone has on the gs3....

That's a carrier thing not a hardware thing. iPhone can be tethered you just have to pay your carrier to do so.
    its an OS thing, I can usb tether on my phone without any issues, for free, just download an app. Apple removes every single tethering app on the market forcing you to use their pay to use hotspot, which is wifi tethering. It's slower than usb tethering, if im going to pay for data, im going to get all that i can out of it.

Like I said before. Both phones appear to be very evenly matched. It doesn't appear that one phone is greater in any one aspect any other.
    apperently 1.0 dual core = 1.4 quad core now?
    or if its my phone 1.5 = 1.0? and 1 gig of ram = 2 gig of ram?

screen size can be preference, i won't argue that, personally I like the bigger screen.
    what does the iphone have to make it even?
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 09-20-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast