Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,292

0 members and 3,292 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts
    I have been an iPhone user forever. I am not partially interested in the android. But my boyfriend has it and he said there's just something's he misses in the iPhone that the android doesn't have. Since the android phones runs on a software that is free, I think that there's always going to be something missing. He got the android Samsung galaxy 2 last year when it came out. And he told me he's going to preorder the iPhone 5 so he can have the iOS system back. Just like the iPhone system is not for everyone. Neither is the android system. So don't bash on people who like it, because we don't go out of our way to make threads about how poorly the android system can be.

1.0 Pewter (Dexter), 1.0 Butter Het OG (Butters), 0.1 Pinstripe (Honey), 0.1 Lesser (Pepper), 0.1 Butter Het OG (Aurora), 0.1 Spider Het OG (Betsy), 0.1 Mojave (Maya)
    Sent from iPhone using tapatalk
    Last edited by Solarsoldier001; 09-20-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Re: iPhone 5 fails again...

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess90 View Post
    The reasons some people like one are the reasons others hate them. For instance, I can't stand widgets. I think it makes the screen look disorganized and unprofessional. Lol. I also hate the screens on the androids. I have yet to hold/play with/see one I like. The capabilities are almost identical between android and iPhone, but I like the look and feel of the iPhone better. Granted, androids are hardier, but hey, that's what my otterbox is for.

It may seem silly to pay the exorbitant prices for the iPhone, but I have to say that it was probably the best investment I've made aside from my education at this point. Probably my biggest complaint is that Siri doesn't really do everything they make her out to. At least not most of the time. She's still useful, but only to a certain extent.

As to the iPhone 5, I don't want it. I like the size of my iPhone 4S. It's bulky enough as is in the case. Why on earth would I want something bigger?!? And that is another complaint I have about the Android and Windows phones...they're frickin huge! I'm a pocket phone carrier myself, and my 4S barely fits as is. I'll stick with my smaller phone as long as it functions. But with the new technology and the changes to the new iPhone, I'm wondering if it won't make the older ones obsolete more quickly than any previous upgrade. Thoughts?
    I agree that when most people use widgets, they look awful. But I like to use them to make a composition of my phone. If I can I'll take some screen shots to show you guys. And I personally hate the feel of the iphone4. I doesn't feel good in my hand. I much preferred the 3g with the curved back.

A phone shouldn't need a case that makes it 2x its normal size just to keep it safe. I do like otterboxes though. They are great cases and I have owned quite a few.

The cost of the Iphone compared with other high end devices is about the same. I never complain about the price of apple products. You get what you pay for.

Siri is just a glorified copy of Androids voice search, which is still just as good and accurate as Siri. It is a nifty feature though.

I LOVE my bigger phone. I don't often have pockets, so I wear mine around my neck in a handmade crochet case. Its the bomb. I use my phone to browse the internet, forums, text, and play games. I RARELY talk on the phone with it, so the size doesn't really matter to me. I like having a giant keyboard.

If you like the smaller phone, thats cool. I have a feeling all smart phones are going to start getting a little bigger, thus why apple increased the size for the 5.

This technology is moving VERY fast. It will be out of date in a matter of months.
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts
    My biggest argument against the iPhone is no Firefox. That whole open source thing, Apple hates that. So, if I had an ultimately free option to switch to like an HTC android then I would. But, I do liked iPhone, and it's no different than an android when you harness the full capabilities. Of course, to some that's illegal (jailbreaking, I do mean) but I've had my jail broken on the 5.1.1 and have untethered so it's no different really. I wont be upgrading to iOS 6 till a hopeful untethered though. I like google maps, maybe I should go android lol.

Browsing on Tapatalk from my iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think the biggest fail was the decision not to include NFC on the new iPhone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    I love my iPhone it's a 4 and I still don't want a new one, had this one since these ones were released. I would how ever like a bigger phone for Internet and my guitar sheet music apps 😃but that's because the only people I call on the phone is my job since land lines can't receive my texts😡any way I rambled away and add my 2cents
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    I have not seen any other wireless air charging system on an android phone yet anyway I understand apple is less than a year away and the induction system is at distance not contact. It doesn't seem behind the curve to me. Apple has driven industrial design for 12 years and been an innovator I can't see that changing quickly. The phones are not shipping yet and apple is way protective of pre release stuff so most 'reviews' are a spec comparison. Complaining about how low tech a product is before anyone has it is a bit presumptuous isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iPanda View Post
    not only that, but do you guys realize it has a whole new charger? This means all of your little docks are basically useless now, and you'll need to get a new one to fit the 5.
    The did make a little adapter so your large prong stuff can still be used on the new iPhone. I don't know if it comes with it or if it needs to be purchased (prolly the latter) but they did make it. I have owned an iPhone 3g and a 4 then I bought an android (using now). I can't wait to get back to my iPhone with the 5. Different strokes for different folks I guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Zombie, the adaptor is separate, but it is looking very likely that either the 5 has or will have a induction system in it that calls into question if the cable is needed at all. If it charges wirelessly, non contact, and airplay allows all the devises to sync and play what is the need of a cable? It is very likely this is the direction apple is taking as they have most of the patents for the wireless non contact system sewn up.

Just picture a little box that plugs into the lighter and charges all the iphones in the car? This allows wireless sync to the stereo in the car with no drain. It certainly looks this is coming. everyone freaking about the cable I would guess the next gen or two won't even have a connector at all.

Thanks
    I'd be happy with a screen protector that isn't a pain in ass to apply, I can never get mine on with out some kind of bubbling in fact as I type I notice I need a new one.
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks

Re: iPhone 5 fails again...

Quote Originally Posted by iCandiBallPythons View Post
    Need i say i LOVE my samsung note. Btw iphone what??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    6 months until I can get my galaxy S III....=[ Want so hard. I've had android and iPhone, and I'm much more impressed with android.
    Mine's bigger.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast