Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,263

2 members and 3,261 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    I have to say android hasn't impressed me enough to switch me over.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So what are we comparing iOS 6 to android chocolate chip cookie or what ever the newest one out is or the iPhone 5 to all other smart phones hardware. Cause they are two different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Re: iPhone 5 fails again...

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    So what are we comparing iOS 6 to android chocolate chip cookie or what ever the newest one out is or the iPhone 5 to all other smart phones hardware. Cause they are two different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This

keep in mind iPhones are a phone and software. Android is a mobile OS that runs on tons of different phones and hardware ranging in quality.

I have an iPhone 4 and I had an original droid, the droid was better IMO. the iPhone gets terrible service and is not anything special. the only real advantage and this is for those non techies, is the itunes sync. that aspect does make things easier for most users that arent techies.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Normal Het Orange Ghost Ball Python
    0.1 Mojave Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Het Caramel Ball python
    0.1 Spotted Python
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tcutting For This Useful Post:

heylookitsjon (09-20-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    To each their own. I personally love my Samsung galaxy nexus. It is fast, big screen, beautiful interface, great navigation capabilities, and great quality games.

Did I mention widgets? I think that is a major area that iPhone lacks. I hate that none of the icons give you any info of the apps inside. Sure the camera is nice and the screen is nice and its fast... it offers you next to nothing when it comes to personalization. Everyone who has the iPhone has it set up almost identically. That right there is enough to keep me away from the iPhone.

I have a MacBook pro though, and it is my favorite laptop I've ever had. Its the only computer that hasn't given me problems even after 2 years of continuous use and transporting it.

Both android and apple are doing great things. I just wish apple would step it up a bit and allow for its users to be more creative with its OS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    I used to be of the "anti iPhone pro android" mindset. I got the Evo 4G back when it was first introduced because I wanted "open source" and "customization". I still used my iPod touch for music but used my phone for everything else.

After a year I ditched the Evo and Android and went for iPhone and iOS. I found what I was constantly craving was less customization and more...structure. Which is what the iPhone offers to me. I think iOS is beautifully designed and is carried on an amazing phone. I've had a 4 for a year and am anticipating the delivery of my 5 tomorrow. Will I ever leave the iPhone world?

Probably not. But I'm not going to start threads basically calling out people who dot share my opinion.

Here's an idea: if you don't like apple and iPhone...don't get one. Don't talk about them. And don't bash those of us who enjoy them.

/2¢

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk on Sprint.

1.0 Normal BP - Nico
    1.0 Pinstripe - Vinnie
    0.1 Cinnamon - Jezebel
    0.1 Spider - Lila
    0.1 Desert - Lara

1.0 Cal King - Slick
    0.0.1 Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko - Donovan
    3.1 Felines - Serin, Rocci, Alexavier, Lily
    0.1 Canine - Susie Q

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heylookitsjon For This Useful Post:

BleedingOrange36 (09-20-2012),interloc (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heylookitsjon View Post
    I used to be of the "anti iPhone pro android" mindset. I got the Evo 4G back when it was first introduced because I wanted "open source" and "customization". I still used my iPod touch for music but used my phone for everything else.

After a year I ditched the Evo and Android and went for iPhone and iOS. I found what I was constantly craving was less customization and more...structure. Which is what the iPhone offers to me. I think iOS is beautifully designed and is carried on an amazing phone. I've had a 4 for a year and am anticipating the delivery of my 5 tomorrow. Will I ever leave the iPhone world?

Probably not. But I'm not going to start threads basically calling out people who dot share my opinion.

Here's an idea: if you don't like apple and iPhone...don't get one. Don't talk about them. And don't bash those of us who enjoy them.

/2¢

I respect that! But Android has come a long way since the Evo. Have you messed around with Jelly Bean at all? It is a beautiful interface and android really did a good job of cleaning it up and making everything flow nicely. Also a lot of nice new features and gestures. I really dig it. And widgets.

I don't hate apple. They are a great company, I just wish they would bring a little more to the table since they say they are so innovative. I haven't really seen anything innovative since they launched the iphone. I feel like since they have control over the OS and the device, they should be pushing the envelope a little more.
    ~Steffe

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    One thing I read about people not liking the 5 is not having swype. "it's the fastest way to text". I didn't think so. I tried to use it for a month on my last android powered phone and it took me 5 times as long to send a 5 word text using swype than my iPhone with its normal keyboard ever had.
    Last edited by kevinb; 09-20-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

BPnet Senior Member WarriorPrincess90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    I respect that! But Android has come a long way since the Evo. Have you messed around with Jelly Bean at all? It is a beautiful interface and android really did a good job of cleaning it up and making everything flow nicely. Also a lot of nice new features and gestures. I really dig it. And widgets.

I don't hate apple. They are a great company, I just wish they would bring a little more to the table since they say they are so innovative. I haven't really seen anything innovative since they launched the iphone. I feel like since they have control over the OS and the device, they should be pushing the envelope a little more.
    The reasons some people like one are the reasons others hate them. For instance, I can't stand widgets. I think it makes the screen look disorganized and unprofessional. Lol. I also hate the screens on the androids. I have yet to hold/play with/see one I like. The capabilities are almost identical between android and iPhone, but I like the look and feel of the iPhone better. Granted, androids are hardier, but hey, that's what my otterbox is for.

It may seem silly to pay the exorbitant prices for the iPhone, but I have to say that it was probably the best investment I've made aside from my education at this point. Probably my biggest complaint is that Siri doesn't really do everything they make her out to. At least not most of the time. She's still useful, but only to a certain extent.

As to the iPhone 5, I don't want it. I like the size of my iPhone 4S. It's bulky enough as is in the case. Why on earth would I want something bigger?!? And that is another complaint I have about the Android and Windows phones...they're frickin huge! I'm a pocket phone carrier myself, and my 4S barely fits as is. I'll stick with my smaller phone as long as it functions. But with the new technology and the changes to the new iPhone, I'm wondering if it won't make the older ones obsolete more quickly than any previous upgrade. Thoughts?
    Last edited by WarriorPrincess90; 09-20-2012 at 10:56 AM.

- Nakita

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    To each their own. I personally love my Samsung galaxy nexus. It is fast, big screen, beautiful interface, great navigation capabilities, and great quality games.

Did I mention widgets? I think that is a major area that iPhone lacks. I hate that none of the icons give you any info of the apps inside. Sure the camera is nice and the screen is nice and its fast... it offers you next to nothing when it comes to personalization. Everyone who has the iPhone has it set up almost identically. That right there is enough to keep me away from the iPhone.

I have a MacBook pro though, and it is my favorite laptop I've ever had. Its the only computer that hasn't given me problems even after 2 years of continuous use and transporting it.

Both android and apple are doing great things. I just wish apple would step it up a bit and allow for its users to be more creative with its OS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Hack it if you like to have no limits

1.0 Pewter (Dexter), 1.0 Butter Het OG (Butters), 0.1 Pinstripe (Honey), 0.1 Lesser (Pepper), 0.1 Butter Het OG (Aurora), 0.1 Spider Het OG (Betsy), 0.1 Mojave (Maya)
    Sent from iPhone using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heylookitsjon View Post

/2¢

x2

1.0 Pewter (Dexter), 1.0 Butter Het OG (Butters), 0.1 Pinstripe (Honey), 0.1 Lesser (Pepper), 0.1 Butter Het OG (Aurora), 0.1 Spider Het OG (Betsy), 0.1 Mojave (Maya)
    Sent from iPhone using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast