Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,184

1 members and 3,183 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    I heard a rumor of someone producing a super-woma that looked like a regular woma, proving it to be true dominant. Not a whole lot of people working with them, and few have ever tried to produce a super.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks
    I would like to see some evidence of this experiment. Sounds like an aweful lot of snakes for a private collector to take care of just to see if Spider X Spider is lethal and alot of money to house and feed never mind the time it takes. It would have to be at least a 4 year experiment and that's only if the original pairs were purchased as adults. It would take 2-3 years to raise up the female babies to beed them! Also a Spider X Normal producing a Bee does not make any sense! How do we know that this is not just some kind of prank or BS? Kevin at NERD has said he did Spider X Spider pairing many times with no deaths or Supers produced! I just don't buy this!

Thanks

Re: Proof on the Spider gene. OWAL take a look

Quote Originally Posted by seeya205 View Post
    I would like to see some evidence of this experiment. Sounds like an aweful lot of snakes for a private collector to take care of just to see if Spider X Spider is lethal and alot of money to house and feed never mind the time it takes. It would have to be at least a 4 year experiment and that's only if the original pairs were purchased as adults. It would take 2-3 years to raise up the female babies to beed them! Also a Spider X Normal producing a Bee does not make any sense! How do we know that this is not just some kind of prank or BS? Kevin at NERD has said he did Spider X Spider pairing many times with no deaths or Supers produced! I just don't buy this!
    It was a pastel x normal from the spider x spider offspring and I'm not sure if this is real or fake but a interesting thread to read. Hope to find out more info about this!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well if its real the OP can come on here and provide all the pairing details, photos maybe? What kind of proof do we want, I want to seel all the data, I would think the OP would be more than willing to provide that and their credentials?

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

BPnet Senior Member meowmeowkazoo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Photos, breeding records, dates. Actually I'd be really interested to see a picture that proves that the OP had/has THAT many spiders. I did some brief research on his post history.

My first morph was way back when when the yb's were really slippin through eveeryones fingers and I actually got it at a pet shop for like 150 at the time. I can't remember what year it was but when I finally figured out what he was I had sold him....... Stupid me... After that it was a pastel male paid like 75 for him and he is a pretty decent one about a year old and almost no brown out on him.
    That was posted in 2009. How does someone go from one yellowbelly to one pastel, and then to at least 30 (adult) spider females? If he purchased 30 adult spider females in 2009 he would barely have enough time to have bred their offspring and come up with these results.
    [Python regius]
    1.0 Black Butter Pinstripe (Amazeballs), 1.0 Pastel Butter Leopard (Thunderbeeper)
    0.1 Spider (Charlotte), 0.1 Leopard (Spot), 0.1 Pastel (Buttercup), Fire Sugar (Abaddon), Crystal (Opalescence)

[Python brongersmai]
    1.1 T+ Albino (Kushiel & Carmilla)

[Boa imperator]
    1.0 Hypo 100% Het Leopard/66% Het Albino (Darcy)
    0.1 66% Het Leopard/Albino (Gabby)

[Colubrids]
    0.1 Cave-dwelling Rat Snakes (Betty Spaghetti)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meowmeowkazoo For This Useful Post:

Badgemash (09-21-2012),Davidsherps (09-21-2012),seeya205 (09-28-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Interesting, and judging by the lack of response from the OP im starting to be sceptical. Hope its for real, that would be great! But yeah, OP can you please send us the details!

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

Thanks
    And this was posted in December of 2009:

Moving out of state and have to get some money up so I am selling my entire collection. Boas are norms 1.2, BP's 1.0 pastel, 1.1 het pieds with paperwork, 0.1 het red axanthic 1.4 normals, Normal JPC have pics somewhere not exactly sure at this time but if you would like them feel free to email me tattlife2001@yahoo.com or PM through here. All normal females have bred to the pastel for the BP's. Make an offer for whole group or an individual animal.
    In 2009 he did not have 30 adult spider females. So let's say at the beginning of 2010 he purchased them. Let's say that he bred them and they laid for him. The offspring of that first generation would only be 2 years old. It's getting more and more unlikely that this experiment actually did happen.
    [Python regius]
    1.0 Black Butter Pinstripe (Amazeballs), 1.0 Pastel Butter Leopard (Thunderbeeper)
    0.1 Spider (Charlotte), 0.1 Leopard (Spot), 0.1 Pastel (Buttercup), Fire Sugar (Abaddon), Crystal (Opalescence)

[Python brongersmai]

[Boa imperator]

[Colubrids]

Thanks
    He said that normal to spider breeding produced 1100ish eggs. That is from 150 or so spiders from the spider x spider breeding. If half of those are males, 75 breeder males at 1.5 years old he would need about 100 normal females to breed those males too, then the 75 female spiders would need to be three years old and be bred to normal males to get the balance of the 1100 eggs. That is one heck of a breeding operation to have 200+ adult BPs, I hate to not believe a person, but this does sound a little out there.
    8.28 ball pythons

Thanks
    And this was posted in 2011:

All spiders wobble. It could be as miniscule as the head tilting just a tiny bit to severe corkscrewing but they all do wobble. I have a few spiders and have seen a lot more and every one of them wobbles. Even the combos wobble. It comes with having a spider. Some people will not have them due to the wobble but I personally think that if it doesn't inhibit the snakes ability to live then there is no real problem with it.
    He says he has "a few" spiders. Generally "a few" means less than 10, let alone 30.
    [Python regius]

[Python brongersmai]

[Boa imperator]

[Colubrids]

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I assumed if we got an actual name it would be some known large breeder (maybe one of the ones that doesn't post a lot) but good idea searching the old posts. Hard to believe anyone would post misinformation to hinder progress on figuring this out so hope it's legit.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast