Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,479

1 members and 3,478 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks
    I was just wondering if any one has trouble with thier BP sheding in pices. I had mine since Feb. 14. Marichi just went through his first shed since I had him. I am new to this. All of his old skin as come off,but two peices around his neck and around his eyes. Will that skin fall off? Is there some thing that I can do to help him? I herd that eye caps can be a problem. :?:

Thank you for your time.

Problem sheding!

What is the humidity level at? Do you have a large enough water dish for him to fully soak in?

Get a bucket(that hasnt been used before) or something that is definately clean....put luke warm water in it and put your BP in it

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. The humidity is between 60 and 90. He has a big water dish. but I don't see him in it. I have put him in warm water and some of it has come off. But there is some still on his head and on his eyes.

Thanks
    Sometimes you can help them finish a shed by doing things like letting them slither through a damp, slightly rough towel or rubbing the stuck spots with a wet QTip. You can try pulling off pieces of stuck shed, but if you encounter any resistance to your pulling, STOP. It's like pulling off sunburned skin -- stop when you hit resistance.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thanks Marla. I was thinking of the Qtip,but I wasn't sure. I will have to try the towel.

Thanks
    I haven't had a perfect shed yet - and I've had mine for 1 year!

If there's anything around the tail or neck you should try to get them off. It could constrict those parts and cause a lack in circulation. About the eyes, you can use a wet Q-tip and try to get them off.

Does he feel dry?? Ifso, he could be dehydrated. A bath would be highly reccomended. I've heard about giving them a bath every 5 days for proper skin condition.

If you try to get the old skin off by hand, you can rub toward the tail so you turn up the scales. I've found that when their skin is moist (not wet...for this could cause an infection) you can get a lot off by rubbing your finger gently over the surface of the skin.

Good luck and don't give up!
    -BallPython713 8)
    0.0.1 BP (Bernice)

Thanks
    Thanks. I have given him a bath and I did get some off that way. The tail has been cleaned. He still has some on his neck,but just on the top and his eyes.
    Thanks again
    2.2.0 (Maraichi,Anubis,Miuki and Pooky

Thanks
    Don't worry too much about it. 'Suki's last shed was the same way - finally after letting him swim around a bit he let me gently rub the remainder from the top of his head. Definitely heed what Marla said: Resistance is futile . . . and much more often than not a sign to stop.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."