Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,306

1 members and 3,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Any Sphynx breeders in CA?

More specifically, anyone who breeds then around the Bay Area? I know there are a ton down in LA and San Diego but god, I don't know how badly I want one to make a six hour drive down there.

I'm not actually looking to buy right now but by next year, I'll be living in a house and am definitely planning on adding a Sphynx to the family since I'll have the space and no landlord to tell me not too! I adore them, I cannot stress that enough so if anyone knows a person who breeds them (preferably with papers) or maybe you breed them yourself, I'd love to have some info so I could get in touch when the time it right.

Thanks
    Don't know about a "breeder" as it were, but I'm fairly certain I have seen a couple on craigslist in the Sacramento area recently. I'm not really a cat person, but those things are intriguing!
    5.3 normals, 3.1 mojave, 2.4 pastels, 1.0 yellow belly, 1.1 cinnamon, 1.1 het pied, 1.0 pastel/yellowbelly
    Also: Burmese, Retic, RTBs, kenyans, dumerils, hognose, corns, milk, king, uromastyx, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, dart frogs, tortoises, tarantulas, cockatiels, reef tanks, dogs, cats, chickens, goat, rats and???

Registered User ShamelessAardvark's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Any Sphynx breeders in CA?

My aunt used to breed them (Silk Stalkings Cattery in Alaska) but hasn't for about two years. She's got a friend in Oregon who currently breeds them, and has recently had a litter of Devon Wrexes. I've got another aunt who works for Alaska Airlines, and travels between California and Alaska quite often, so if you'd like a Sphynx from Oregon, that's one way you could do it.
    "The trick is not minding that it hurts."

1.4 Normals
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Pastel het Caramel
    1.0 Mystic
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 het Albino
    1.0 Hog Island Boa
    1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
    0.0.1 Tokay Gecko
    0.0.1 Bearded Dragon
    0.1 Super Hypo Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko
    1.0 Sphynx cat "Fish"
    1.0 Sphynx Cat (Mufasa) I miss you, baby. I hope that wherever you are, there are plenty of flies to chase. <3

Thanks
    I have a neighbor up here in WA with 6 if them.... I could ask where they came from, but might be too far away!

Thanks

Re: Any Sphynx breeders in CA?

Quote Originally Posted by Tfpets View Post
    Don't know about a "breeder" as it were, but I'm fairly certain I have seen a couple on craigslist in the Sacramento area recently. I'm not really a cat person, but those things are intriguing!
    Hmm, Sacramento may be a good place to look and I'd be willing to get over there even though it's still a three hour drive for me the only thing is with craigslist is that ads pop up and disappearing on there so quickly that it's hard to find a consistent source.

Quote Originally Posted by ShamelessAardvark View Post
    My aunt used to breed them (Silk Stalkings Cattery in Alaska) but hasn't for about two years. She's got a friend in Oregon who currently breeds them, and has recently had a litter of Devon Wrexes. I've got another aunt who works for Alaska Airlines, and travels between California and Alaska quite often, so if you'd like a Sphynx from Oregon, that's one way you could do it.
    Do you think she has a website that I could look at because although I'd much prefer to get one that would be within driving distant, this is proving to be a much for difficult find than I had anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatopism View Post
    I have a neighbor up here in WA with 6 if them.... I could ask where they came from, but might be too far away!
    Heh, if you could that would be lovely!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you don't want to drive that far are you sure you want to pay the price for one?

Sent from my Samsung Aviator

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    Have you thought about having a cat shipped to SFO?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2