Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,357

2 members and 3,355 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lil' Monsters!

Thanks
    Nobody said anything "not nice'' and I dont care how many you've had at once or how long you've had them, for the simple fact that I doubt you've had as much experience with them as I have in the last 13yrs (the number of dogs I have cared for is in the mid 50's, to the nearest I can figure and the most at one time was 16) all she said was that you were misidentifying your dogs breeds, and you are, those are ambullies, which are often registered as apbt's and amstaffs. If they TRUELY were your "passion" then I would hope you would identify them correctly in the future.
    0.1 Girlfriend (Pookie!)
    1.1 APBT's (Turbodiesel and Sweet Tea)
    1.0 Blue Bully (Bull Sharkey McShmeebs)
    1.0 Hypo Colombian Red Tail (Lil Bo Creep)
    ?.? Asian Water Monitor (Krampus)
    0.2 Rough Scale Sand Boa (Shandy)
    0.1 Calico Cat (Kiki)
    1.2 Leopord Geko's (Shiro, Shelby and TBD)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrBubblyDrink For This Useful Post:

pookie! (12-22-2012)

Thanks

Re: Lil' Monsters!

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    Thanks a bunch. & I couldn't agree with you more about my blue male... He's very calm. My tri color on the other hand is definitely more of a "working type". & mine are also registered @ the ukc as APBTs also. So that's why I'm just not arguing with people that aren't worth it. Lol. Thanks for the support! Happy holidays!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Ok, stick with me on this one, the ukc is a business first and foremost, the reason your dogs are registered as apbt's with that business is because businesses need to make money and you want your dog registered, the ukc does not have an Ambully category, so they register them as apbt's. It's real simple, but causes alot of confusion (obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    & I JUST WANNA GET THIS OFF MY CHEST APBTs or BULLIES (whatever) LOVE TO PLEASE THEIR OWNER... WHICH IS THE REASON WHY THEY ARE SUCH GOOD "FIGHT DOGS" (WHICH I DO NOT SUPPORT IN ANY WAY) ALL PITS THAT ARE FOUGHT HAVE THEIR OWNER RIGHT BEHIND THEM EGGING THEM ON. WITH POSITIVE RENFORCEMENT AND A NO TOLERANCE MENATALY ABOUT FIGHTING YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY HAVE MULTIPULE MALES (& FEMALES ALSO) WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. SO I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY... MOVE ALONG TO ANOTHER POST. (IM NOT TALKING ABOUT EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN SUPPORTIVE). I WOULD JUST RATHER PERFER POSITIVE ENGERY INSTEAD OF "LECTURING" ME ON WHAT KIND OF DOGS I HAVE. THANKS!

The reason they are good fighting dogs is the same as the reason a red bone is a good coon hunting hound, because they have been bred to have the instinctive will to do so for hundreds of years. Do they like their owners possitive reinforcement? Of course they do, because they are dogs, but "pleasing their owners" does not explain why I have had to seperate litters of apbt's before 12 weeks old because they were hurting each other fighting with no "egging on" from me.
    0.1 Girlfriend (Pookie!)
    0.1 Calico Cat (Kiki)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrBubblyDrink For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (12-22-2012),DNACurtusK (12-21-2012),pookie! (12-22-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBubblyDrink View Post
    Nobody said anything "not nice'' and I dont care how many you've had at once or how long you've had them, for the simple fact that I doubt you've had as much experience with them as I have in the last 13yrs (the number of dogs I have cared for is in the mid 50's, to the nearest I can figure and the most at one time was 16) all she said was that you were misidentifying your dogs breeds, and you are, those are ambullies, which are often registered as apbt's and amstaffs. If they TRUELY were your "passion" then I would hope you would identify them correctly in the future.
    Maybe I don't have as much experience as you do raising litters & dogs as many as in the mid 50's (I'm also going to be referring to the post you made after this original post), I've never had to break a 12 week litter up, I don't breed. I completely understand & agree with your statement about the ukc wanting to make money so these breeds get funneled into the category "APBT"... I apologize for misidentifying Syrus (the tri colored pup) as an APBT (you can see where the confusion comes from lol... And now I can too). However I never stated that my blue, Endo was an APBT. Even though he is registered w/ the ukc, has papers & a pedigree as an" APBT", there's a possibility somewhere way down the line a larger breed (perhaps mastiff) was bred into his line (he is pretty big @ 75lbs, his dad was 90lbs). I am truly sorry for misidentifying Syrus, you put it into perspective for me & I did a little research about the confusion in the ukc about APBTs. Hope there's no hard feelings...

-TAYLOR
    1.0 AMAZING BOYFRIEND- HUNTER
    BALLS
    0.1 NORMAL- CERSEI, 1.0 GHOST-JESSE JAMES, 1.0 ALBINO- RA, 0.1 ALBINO- CYBELLE, 1.0 HIGH WHITE PIED- WYATT, 1.0 SPIDER- KRONOS, 0.1 PASTEL- CLEOPATRA

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (12-22-2012),pookie! (12-22-2012)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Keeping them together is taking a risk and thats a fact.
    Never had a problem with any of my pack other than my first one but he was tight from a line of game dogs.

The reason they are good fighting dogs is the same as the reason a red bone is a good coon hunting hound, because they have been bred to have the instinctive will to do so for hundreds of years. Do they like their owners possitive reinforcement? Of course they do, because they are dogs, but "pleasing their owners" does not explain why I have had to seperate litters of apbt's before 12 weeks old because they were hurting each other fighting with no "egging on" from me.
    If you have pups fighting then you really have problems.
    True game dogs are on command and NOT just because.
    Some people really need to study the history of the blood and learn a thing or two.

BTW you have a great looking pair By your title I thought you had some Monster or Monster Baby blood-lines....
    Last edited by PitOnTheProwl; 12-22-2012 at 02:41 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

TaylorMade (12-22-2012),Valentine Pirate (12-22-2012)

Thanks
    Um....No, don't have any serious problems and NO game dogs absolutely DO NOT fight "on command" and if you belive that, I would love to see you try to stop a cpl from fighting with commands, lmao. It's a fact that apbt's have a genetic propensity to fight, it has NOTHING to do with being trained or commanded to do so.
    0.1 Girlfriend (Pookie!)
    0.1 Calico Cat (Kiki)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrBubblyDrink For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (12-22-2012),GoingPostal (01-12-2013),pookie! (12-22-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Never had a problem with any of my pack other than my first one but he was tight from a line of game dogs.

If you have pups fighting then you really have problems.
    True game dogs are on command and NOT just because.
    Some people really need to study the history of the blood and learn a thing or two.
    I never said you would have a problem or that Taylor would. Its not a "guaranteed" thing. Thats why i used the word risk and didnt say "oh be careful bc its definitely going to happen."

It is not on command. You cant train it into or out of them. Its just there. When you have a dog fight why do you think they have to keep the dogs separated before hand? Its not like they just have one big kennel full of dogs and they pick two out and put them in the ring and say "ok go!". Following that logic would mean that you could just yell commands at two dogs that are fighting and they'd separate. That it is most certainly not the case.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (12-22-2012),MrBubblyDrink (12-22-2012),pookie! (12-22-2012)

Thanks
    Funny that you have never owned one, but yet you have the sense to figure these things out on your own Mike. I guess a lil common sense does go a looooong ways.
    0.1 Girlfriend (Pookie!)
    0.1 Calico Cat (Kiki)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrBubblyDrink For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (12-22-2012),Mike41793 (12-22-2012),pookie! (12-22-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Tight line of game dogs huh... Happen to know the name of this line or have a ped you could post? You peaked my curiosity... lol

Also were these "game dogs" or "game bred dogs" because there is a big difference in those two things...

Oh and Taylor, I wasnt trying to be rude or mean, and you truly do have nice looking dogs, proper Ambully that are what imo one should look like, not those freaky lowrider things I am sure we have all seen. Its not your fault the registries and breeders have mislabeled dogs. The papers are only as good as the person or registry behind them, and I doubt that Ambully or APBT labeling has anything to do with you loving and caring for your dogs, my blue mutt gets just as much love as the APBTs.

ˇERMAGHERD A DERK!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pookie! For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (12-22-2012),Mike41793 (12-22-2012),MrBubblyDrink (12-22-2012),TaylorMade (12-22-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Funny that you have never owned one, but yet you have the sense to figure these things out on your own Mike. I guess a lil common sense does go a looooong ways.
    I know a few people...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

MrBubblyDrink (12-22-2012)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    Tight line of game dogs huh... Happen to know the name of this line or have a ped you could post? You peaked my curiosity... lol
    Carver, anything that moved had to die. I never could get him right but he taught me a lot.
    Yes "pit trained" dogs want to fight BUT they wont do it on the sidelines. The command on is the ring, the command to stop is ANYONE lifting the dog off the ground, AND yes you heard me right ANYONE. They never were bred for guard dogs or to have any type of human aggression. Matter fact in the old fighting days if a dog showed any type of aggression towards anyone it was killed on the spot. Idiots are breeding just to breed and turing them into something they are not.
    Now that I sound like a pbs show, I dont and have never denyed my dogs history. Matter fact I am rather proud of it even if I dont like it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

carlson (12-22-2012),TaylorMade (12-22-2012)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast