Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,244

0 members and 3,244 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
    Thanks

Thermostat Questions

A couple months ago i built my own incubator. The thermostat i was using to regulate the heat was the zilla 1000 watt. I soon realized that this is obviously not the best thermostat to use. So now i am looking to get a decent thermostat. I have looked at the Helix and the Herpstat, but i was wondering with the herpstat 1 for example if you can just plug in an outlet multiplier for different heat sources? I know it is only built for one outlet so plugging in multiple is always gonna increase the possibility for a problem. I was just wondering if its possible to use with my fan and my heat source in my incubator, instead of spending another $100 dollars for another outlet.

Thanks
    The fan runs constant in an incubator so you dont want that plugged into ur tstat and if u want to use it to run your rack durint the off season you can so its well worth it. I would suggest the herpstat 1 basic for 115, as for different heat sourses as long as its all the same heating emliment say 4 inch heat tape and you dont go over the rated wattage you will be fine but they will all be the same temp you wont be able to set 2 different temps with the herpstat 1
    Last edited by jfaria1891; 09-12-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    1.0 Pastel "Daddy"
    0.1 Spider "Spidder"
    0.1 Normals "Momma"
    0.1 Pastel "Precious"
    1.0 LesserBee "Zero"

I'm happy to announce Skinny the rescue has been brought back to full health and re-homed to a good family

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter325 View Post
    A couple months ago i built my own incubator. The thermostat i was using to regulate the heat was the zilla 1000 watt. I soon realized that this is obviously not the best thermostat to use. So now i am looking to get a decent thermostat. I have looked at the Helix and the Herpstat, but i was wondering with the herpstat 1 for example if you can just plug in an outlet multiplier for different heat sources? I know it is only built for one outlet so plugging in multiple is always gonna increase the possibility for a problem. I was just wondering if its possible to use with my fan and my heat source in my incubator, instead of spending another $100 dollars for another outlet.
    Yes!!!

However as posted above u will only be able to regulate it based on ur inc temps. So it wont be high enough to run a rack as well. As far as i know, all herps come with with 3 outlets on one cord. I had a rack where each heat tape was wired separate so i just used a few power bars.

Running ur fan off ur tstat is very do ablr snd many ppl do. My self included. It turns on when my tape does. Works great!!
    2.6 ball pythons 3.12 ASF
    Cofounder www.softfurs.com

Like us Facebook
    www.facebook.com/simplexserpents