Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,327

2 members and 3,325 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kali-Ma

Thanks

All hiss no bite??

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBeard
    Cool pic! And yes, Marla, Bloods are ambush predators......as you can tell they aren't very well adapted for "active pursuit" of prey, lol.
    That should be, "And yes Judy..." LOL But I'll take it as a compliment to be mistaken for Marla! :wink:
    And I'll take it as a compliment that it was Judy who was mistaken for me.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Congrats on your blood!!! That's a lovely little snake.

Keep a close eye on your snake's behavior with regards to the substrate you're using. Sometimes baby bloods can be very nervous little buggers & have a tendency to burrow rather fanatically through their substrate. I've found that the exceptionally nervous specimens are great at filling their mouths with substrate while burrowing & sometimes do better on paper towels or newspaper until they grow up & simmer down a bit.

This may or may not be applicable in your situation, since I'm not familiar with your blood's individual behavior, but I thought it was worth mentioning, just in case.

Good luck with your new baby - can't wait to see more pics!!!

Your fellow bloodhound...

K

OOOPS....LOL......sorry bout that ladies.

Thanks

Is my BP nodding?

She's only burrowed a few times so far. Thanks for the haeds up on the substrate watch in the mouth. Hopefully we're ok in that regard asa we don't use the jungle bark variety with the smaller pieces or the mulch but still, given her frequent open mouthed lunges iI could see her maybe latching onto a piece by accident that way. Still a very suspicious little girl that will strike at anything moving within a foot of her she hit her incoming f/t a few times but not in a feeding strike so much as defensive. She's sitting there now with the leg still in her jaws lol. Giving her penty of room and time and quiet and keeping the movement around her cage to a minimum (when we don't have it covered to help her feel more secure).

She is gorgeous and thanks all for the kind words (she's blushing), but looks like it will take some time to get her calmed and handleable and definitely be a while before you can reach in to pick her up by hand. She's still got about another week before we try any of those overtures though - she's not one to rush.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234